Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

A Special Case of Vetting?

By this logic, I think anyone who is joining from Hongkong now will be rejected a SC.

Rejected for DV almost certainly, but an SC application may not get looked at in sufficient detail for the risk to be identified.

If moving yourself and your extended family to the UK on a one way ticket, then the threat of blackmail would be manageable. If an applicant has family left behind I'd doubt the wisdom of issuing clearances at any level.

Rejected for DV almost certainly, but an SC application may not get looked at in sufficient detail for the risk to be identified.

If moving yourself and your extended family to the UK on a one way ticket, then the threat of blackmail would be manageable. If an applicant has family left behind I'd doubt the wisdom of issuing clearances at any level.

Wouldn't have such a problem if Hongkong were still British.

On a related (but non RN related) point, we have friends in HK. Mum, Dad and the 4 kids have upped sticks and are now in Singapore due to the worrying state of affairs in HK. However, the old mother/granny would not leave her home in HK.

Latest Threads