A Ships Bell HMS Herald (H138)

Hi All
I'm new here and know very little about the Royal Navy. I'll be brief. I am looking to find a ships bell the HMS Herald's bell. As far as I am aware back then in the mid-80s-90s you could be christened on a ship and your name would engraved on the bell. I’ve been chasing this bell for a while at least I think I have I’m not really sure how many bells a ship has or which bell is engraved. Somebody was able to tell me that they thought it went on ebay a few years back I assume from the original owner however I wasn’t able to confirm this as ebay don’t have a sold items history that far back.
Any idea what bell I should be looking for and where to start?

B

Billy Q

Hi All
I'm new here and know very little about the Royal Navy. I'll be brief. I am looking to find a ships bell the HMS Herald's bell. As far as I am aware back then in the mid-80s-90s you could be christened on a ship and your name would engraved on the bell. I’ve been chasing this bell for a while at least I think I have I’m not really sure how many bells a ship has or which bell is engraved. Somebody was able to tell me that they thought it went on ebay a few years back I assume from the original owner however I wasn’t able to confirm this as ebay don’t have a sold items history that far back.
Any idea what bell I should be looking for and where to start?
See:-
http://www.trinitymarine.co.uk/shop/hms-beagle-ships-bell-1967/

Trinity Marine has it on sale for £1500 £1250exVAT

I'll give this ago do you know how much information they will need I'm somewhat trying to do this in secret for my better halfs she's from a Naval family

I

In_my_day

Perhaps being more precise about the ship may help your search. Herald was a Hecla class survey ship, Google gives her pennant number as H138.

IMD

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M History 14
A Blogs 0
A The Fleet 9