A request for help...if possible

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Ali_Ramsey, May 25, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

This is my first post so I hope I've put it in the correct location for what I'm about to ask!

I am part of a team at UKMIL who are developing a selection of Harriers for the MS Flight Simulator; the GR7, GR9, T10 and the FA2. We do not release these models for commercial gain but ask that those who download them make a donation to Help for Heroes. Now, my job in this project is to develop the flight dynamics for the aircraft. I have gleaned a lot of basic information from various online sources but in order to make the aircraft fly as realistically as possible I have found that this is insufficient.

So, here is the request: is there anyone out there who would be able to assist us with what would amount to a lot of accurate data on the aircraft? Accurate dimensions of control surfaces, aerodynamic properties, flight characteristics, CoG limits and other more mundane info as well. Of course, if any of this information is still classified then we'll have to make do with guesstimates but I'm hoping that it could be made available.

Any assistance would be gratefully received.

Cheers!

Ali

2. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Ali, you would be better off putting another message in the Fleet Air Arm section or getting a Mod to move this over

3. Thanks for the advice, Janner. I wasn't sure if I had posted in the right place so I'll post a fresh message in the FAA section.

Cheers!

Ali

4. wave_dodger

wave_dodger War Hero Book Reviewer

Try PPrune!

5. Thanks for the tip, wave_dodger. Will try there too :)