A quote from a Evangelical preacher.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by w.anchor, Feb 8, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I found this one in the g2 part of the Guardian today"God moves to the left".The article suggest that the evangelical right in the U.S.A. has lost it's way.And a new breed of preachers from the liberal left are making themself heard.One is the Baptist minister Tony Campolo.
    Quote,from his sermon to the old guard.
    "I have three thing's I'd like to say today.
    First,while you were sleeping last night,30,000 kids died of starvation or diseases related to malnutrition.
    Second,most of you don,t give a shit.
    Third,What's worse is that you're more upset with the fact that I said shit than the fact that 30,000 kids died last night."
    I'm no God botherer but he gets my vote :thumright:

2. wow a bible basher with balls!!! If I hadnt read the Da Vinci code he would make me turn godly.

3. Make him Archbishop of Canterburty and give the present incumbent his P45 - best sermon I've heard since primary school.

4. Um, you do realise that the Da Vinci code is fiction not fact?

:dwarf:

5. Um, you do realise that the Tanakh/Bible/Koran is fiction not fact?

:dwarf:

6. Yes

:rendeer:

7. Good!
    :w00t:

8. Remember being in the chemist sorry I mean pharmacist!

The vicar grabbed my prescription. Told him that"s mine he said sorry I may have ended up growing something with a sneer on his face.

Told him yes you may have ended up smiling for a change!

That was the one who interrupted the funeral service to comment on the collection for the church roof!!

9. The love of my life was telling me a while back the coalman used to deliver his coal in Dublin..

Of course it was take a few of the top and make more bags up, this was from the rich folk. He would sell the coal to the poor at a good rate made up from these offerings. It was called "HOT COAL" her father in law confessed his sins to the local priest about taking this hot coal with it being a kinda stealing.

The priest asked if he could get him a few bags and sent him on his way with a smile on his face and a clear heart and soul.

That priest I would buy a dram for anytime!!

10. Do you realize that Tony Blair's memoirs are FACT but read like FICTION ;)

The Christian Right are still the most vociferous and politically influential theological group in the US and are backing Huckabee (they will follow the highly influential evangelical, Dobson's lead), who will probably be offered the Vice Presidency in a McCain-Huckabee Nightmare (read Dream for the Christian Right) ticket, assuming that Obama & Clinton keep undermining the credibility of one another and switch voters off them.

11. I hope your wrong thingy a true Nightmare ticket