A question for those in the know (medical related)

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by _Tim_, Feb 26, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I just got a copy of my medical records and there are some sections I want to ask about and whether they could affect my medical.

There's some more stuff later on about discharge, and that the K-Wires were removed on the 1st of April. They were in for a total of 6 weeks and 2 days.

Does that look like it could cause any problems?
  2. Sorry to intrude on your thread when you're looking for help - but how the hell did you de-glove your foot! That must have hurt like b****ry.
  3. Twas a car. To be perfectly honest (this isn't me trying to sound 'ard) what really hurt smacking my wrist on the floor. I managed to get up and walk with the fracture of my ankle.
  4. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Surely the lobotomy must've smarted a little too? :shock:
  5. I would suggest that this is a serious manifestation of ******* colic? colitu jollyjerkerous
  6. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

De-socked, surely?! :oops: :?
  7. De-socked and de-shoed and generally mashed up.

8. Depends on when the injury occurred and how the ankle is now. There can be no residual metalwork, which sounds to be the case anyway as you had K-wires. As long as the ankle has full function, with no restriction whatsoever and no ongoing pain / issues, then you may be fine. You may be referred to a Service orthopaedic consultant for an opinion but if everything is fine and dandy then you should be in.
  9. 5 years ago this month and there's none left in there (though the surgeon may have dropped a scalpel blade in there...)

The mobility is apparently fine and the pain is the same as in my other ankle apart from when I twat the top of the skin graft on something hard.

Thanks for the reply, AD.
  10. howcome metal work cannot be envolved? is it incase the enemy decide to drop the rifles and knifes and become even more nasty and use magnets to beat the enemy?
  11. What?
  12. Matt - if you cannot add anything useful to the conversation then stop opening your mouth.

I'm not going to start teaching about the pros and cons of longterm metalwork. I'd have thought common sense would have said that having metalwork in your bones longterm (especially when considering Service life) wasn't good but I was obviously wrong.

To clarify: having metalwork in your bones longterm is not conducive to Service life.
  13. It's because you set off magnetic mines even on a degaussed ship isn't it! :p