A pittance of time!

Totally agree with the sentiment, great advert.

That American Fake "Auld Eireland" music gets on my tits though, sorry :(

Seadog

War Hero
Lamri wrote
That American Fake "Auld Eireland" music gets on my tits though, sorry

I think you'll find it's Canadian. There are plenty of clues but I expect your blinkers were on.
You should be.

Not a patch on the Willy McBride Song (Green Fields of France/No Man's Land)

You Tube

That is a 'smokey in here' song if ever there was one. Thread about the video an its origins on ARRSE

The 'Willy McBride' song was written by a Scotsman. Any Oirishness in this version is valid. Plenty Irishmen have fallen in service of the Crown.

And WHY should I be sorry then oh holier than thou type bloke?
Oh, American/Canadian its all FAKE to me (should I be sorry about its sorryness?)
As I said, if you read it all, I totally agree with the sentiment and thought it was a great advert.
So I ask you once again, why? My "sorry" was probably taken completely out of context by you, wouldn't be the first time you've done THAT ;)

Seadog

War Hero
Lamri wrote
As I said, if you read it all, I totally agree with the sentiment and thought it was a great advert.

You did. Very kind.

The singer Terry Kelly is a Canadian and Canadian born. How recently (parent/grandparents?) Irish I don't know. I do know that cultural heritage in Canada is often recent and genuinely felt. Terry Kelly is blind. He's not pretending but don't feel guilty. :wink:

I thought you putting the boot into the Irish aspect was a bit snide so I put the boot in. If it wasn't what you intended I apologise.

Seadog said:
Terry Kelly is blind. He's not pretending but don't feel guilty. :wink:

Whats that got to do with anything? lol, I don't get it.
My nan was blind btw.
From the blitz
Seadog said:
I thought you putting the boot into the Irish aspect was a bit snide so I put the boot in. If it wasn't what you intended I apologise.

I have nothing but the utmost respect for Irish people. Doesn't mean I have to like non-Irishmen playing Irish type music though ;)
Its a bit like Chas n Dave do reggae. Not quite right lol.