Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Month in Helmand

broadside

War Hero
Excellent article Stix ... and I educated myself wrt the spelling of Serjeant with a 'J' - specific to the Rifles - in a separate Google search before I made an arse of myself by jumping onto the wrong outrage bus.

Good post, many thanks

labrum

War Hero
Thanks Jimbo. Lad I know well in 2 RIFLES, returned home injured from that tour. They lost 8 from his platoon...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS CNC and Kent Police joint initiative going strong one month after launch MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Prime Minister's video message for Black History Month: 1 October 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS TUI UK to complete refunds by the end of the month MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ofsted visits to schools and colleges to begin this month MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government has changed the law so most renters have a 6 month notice period MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Disabled People’s Organisations (DPOs) forum launches this month MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Phased return to Survey and Inspection in the UK this month MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Joint statement on Pride Month 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Drivers granted 7 month photocard licence extension MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Extra month to claim for farm payments MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Companies to receive 3-month extension period to file accounts during COVID-19 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Two month window to claim for farm payments for 2020 opens MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK-US trade negotiations to start this month as Minister of State for Trade Policy visits US East coast MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Iconic blue passports return next month MoD News 0
soleil Stoll/RBL/Poppy Factory - Veterans' Drop-In - Second Wednesday Of Every Month - London NW1 Charity 1
MoD_RSS Construction of Helston’s new £2million flood defence begins this month MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 'Get quacking' - with less than a month to go MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Month-long crackdown to improve road safety on M62 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Wages outpace inflation for the 18th consecutive month MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Wages overtake inflation for 16th month in a row – fastest real terms growth since 2015 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Wages beat inflation for 15th month in a row with record employment in April MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: One month to go before introduction of Making Tax Digital for VAT MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: David Mundell celebrates LGBT History Month MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: 12 month prison sentence for man who tipped 100 tonnes of waste at school MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Self Assessment deadline: less than one month to go MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Self Assessment deadline: less than one month to go MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Eighth month of UK wage growth with disabled employment at record high MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Eighth month of UK wage growth with disabled employment at record high MoD News 0
R Claimed within the 3 month limit Finance & Pensions 2
vauxhall AFF Launches Money Month Finance & Pensions 0
R medical/3 month diary! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
Flatcapper83 It's been 14 month since my interview Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
higthepig The month I joined........................ The Quarterdeck 2
MoD_RSS News story: Armed Forces Day: one month to go MoD News 0
Sgt Jobsearch Contract Quality Administrator (6 Month FTC) - Raf Wyton - £18,000 Pro Rata The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Fletchrfc How often do submarines stop at ports during a 6 month tour? Submariners 49
DemobJob Technical Instructor - Aerospace Ground Equipmen - £7,000 per month The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
lethal lady PRNC next month Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 49
FunkyJunky 9 Month deployments and other stuff Current Affairs 217
Sgt Jobsearch Driver (Light Vehicle) 6 Month FTC - Staffordshire - £13,999 pro rata The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch Vehicle Technician (3 Month FTC) - Oxford - £25,935 Pro Rata The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
stan_the_man Just come off a month under pun for being a troll on RR The Gash Barge 22
soleil The Engineer: "This Month In 1955: The Steam Catapult" The Fleet Air Arm 0
A Arctic Convoy Medal Out Next Month! Current Affairs 2
soleil Daily Record: "HMS Blyth Given Great Send-Off As Ship Sets Sail For Six Month Tour" The Fleet 3
TotalAlien AIB fail and a 12 month wait you say? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
MoD_RSS RFA Wave Knight returns from 11-month deployment Current Affairs 0
MoD_RSS Sea King returns to duties after 18-month reconstruction Current Affairs 0
MoD_RSS RFA Wave Ruler returns to UK after 21-month deployment Current Affairs 1
P Starting next month, but gained weight... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 41