A massive thank you!

gordy

Like so many before me and so many who will come after me I have lurked in the shadows for a considerable length of time but feel it's time I came into the light!

I started the whole application process about a year ago and discovered this site and its wealth of information in about October. Did my AIB in December and was assured by my board president I had a very good pass and I head to BRNC in a little over three weeks now.

I would like to say a massive thank you to everyone who has posted on here whether it be AIB information or BRNC information or just amusing little dits that give me a bit of an insight as to what to expect!

Also, thanks in no small part to RR I am fully clued up on a number of quite frankly vital subjects including the make, model colour, water tank capacity, power cord length, handle diameter and soleplate area of the iron I should take and the precise specifications of the luggage I am bringing with me. Thanks to you guys I know if if should be a suitcase or a bag or a holdall, wheels or no wheels and what kind of straps I should get on it (straps is an important one, there are just so many combinations - hand straps, shoulder straps, back straps, airline trolle-style extendable handle)! This site really does leave no stone unturned! :tongue:

Anyway, thanks!

gordy said:
Like so many before me and so many who will come after me I have lurked in the shadows for a considerable length of time but feel it's time I came into the light!

I started the whole application process about a year ago and discovered this site and its wealth of information in about October. Did my AIB in December and was assured by my board president I had a very good pass and I head to BRNC in a little over three weeks now.

I would like to say a massive thank you to everyone who has posted on here whether it be AIB information or BRNC information or just amusing little dits that give me a bit of an insight as to what to expect!

Also, thanks in no small part to RR I am fully clued up on a number of quite frankly vital subjects including the make, model colour, water tank capacity, power cord length, handle diameter and soleplate area of the iron I should take and the precise specifications of the luggage I am bringing with me. Thanks to you guys I know if if should be a suitcase or a bag or a holdall, wheels or no wheels and what kind of straps I should get on it (straps is an important one, there are just so many combinations - hand straps, shoulder straps, back straps, airline trolle-style extendable handle)! This site really does leave no stone unturned! :tongue:

Anyway, thanks!
Strap ons???

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Welcome Gordy,

Congratulations on being selected after passing AIB. In amongst the guff there is the odd handy bit of info here & there. The best and most helpful feedback for those that follow, quite honestly is posted by those such as yourself who are bang up to date & have a current, unclouded point of view.

The very best of luck at BRNC.

Gordy, is this really the most appropriate place to discuss your pervy fantasies about being secured to things. Diamond Lils is the place for discussing bondage! ;) :biggrin: ....or PM Sgtpepperband; that's the sort of thing Reggies do professionally to sozzled matelots I understand.... :twisted: :lol:

PS: RR is a broad church, we tolerate all sorts: left footers, right footers, brown hatters, the legless, the positivly 'armless and, yes, those who like to get knotted and even the odd Reggiecide! ;)

PPS: Congratulations on passing your AIB. Don't forget to use your knife & fork properly and eat asparagus with your fingers!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS We need a national effort to build testing capacity on a massive scale MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Commuters to save up to 90 minutes in massive A428 upgrade MoD News 0
Maxpowers MASSIVE BIG GIANT ISSUE (NOT) Joining the Royal Navy 38
MoD_RSS News story: Defence Secretary announces massive £2.5bn investment in UK nuclear submarines MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Royal Navy work with Australians on massive drug bust MoD News 0
dapperdunn When I was on the Massive Diamond Lil's 6
MoD_RSS News story: Navy's new carrier receives first massive gas turbine MoD News 8
Bad CO Massive Influx of Spam Site Issues 18
MoD_RSS Naval charities receive a massive lift from Pembroke Current Affairs 0
soleil Pompey News: "Portsmouth’s BAE Systems Handed Massive Ship Building Contract" The Fleet 2
frogman007 Gypo slaves master has massive tits The Gash Barge 4
S Massive Bomb Blast in Oslo Current Affairs 66
soleil Navy News: "Marines Smash Massive Taleban Bomb Factory After Fierce Firefight" The Corps 5
Powder I feel like a MASSIVE newbie asking this but... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 30
soleil N News: Big D shows off her 'massive potential' to the Big E The Fleet 34
soleil "Navy flagship and fast jets for massive military exercise" Bases / Shore Est 0
2_deck_dash Massive rig run in London The Fleet Air Arm 16
NotmeChief Massive Breaking News - is this the end now? Current Affairs 117
N Massive Overspend at BAE on Astutes and other contracts. Current Affairs 17
rod-gearing Massive Machines Submarines Submariners 28
F THANK YOU THREAD NOW CLOSED Miscellaneous 42
M Thank you Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 22
MoD_RSS NHS nurses, we thank you for your service as we get through coronavirus together MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Say thank you to someone at Companies House MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Thank you message as £1 billion A66 consultation closes MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Say thank you to someone at Companies House MoD News 0
jesse No thank you officer,I do not wish to sit in your car. Diamond Lil's 6
S Thank you..!! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
JamieDonut87 Thank-you..... RFA 9
MoD_RSS News story: UK unites to thank veterans on the 70th anniversary of Victory over Japan (VJ) Day MoD News 0
S Thank you very much! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 36
soleil West Briton: "RNAS Culdrose Sailors Thank Shoppers For RNRMC Donations" The Fleet Air Arm 0
soleil Herald: "Admiral Says Thank You" The Fleet 12
B Thank you Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
N Hello and Thank You!! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
SONAR-BENDER Thank you Lord! Diamond Lil's 9
soleil Navy News: Sailors ‘Cheered All The Way’ Through London As MPs Thank Them The Fleet 2
Naval_Families_Federation NFF - Thank you for completing our survey Current Affairs 0
lloydie A Thank You And A Farewell Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 22
gammaguy117 A big thank-you Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
Rolotp Thank you to all Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
SONAR-BENDER Thank you site and/or Mods for my Poppy! Site Issues 8
A Thank you to all Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
stan_the_man Thank fcuk for !! Diamond Lil's 4
tommo A big thank you! Charity 3