A massive thank you!

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by gordy, Apr 4, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Like so many before me and so many who will come after me I have lurked in the shadows for a considerable length of time but feel it's time I came into the light!

I started the whole application process about a year ago and discovered this site and its wealth of information in about October. Did my AIB in December and was assured by my board president I had a very good pass and I head to BRNC in a little over three weeks now.

I would like to say a massive thank you to everyone who has posted on here whether it be AIB information or BRNC information or just amusing little dits that give me a bit of an insight as to what to expect!

Also, thanks in no small part to RR I am fully clued up on a number of quite frankly vital subjects including the make, model colour, water tank capacity, power cord length, handle diameter and soleplate area of the iron I should take and the precise specifications of the luggage I am bringing with me. Thanks to you guys I know if if should be a suitcase or a bag or a holdall, wheels or no wheels and what kind of straps I should get on it (straps is an important one, there are just so many combinations - hand straps, shoulder straps, back straps, airline trolle-style extendable handle)! This site really does leave no stone unturned! :tongue:

Anyway, thanks!
  2. Strap ons???
  3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Welcome Gordy,

Congratulations on being selected after passing AIB. In amongst the guff there is the odd handy bit of info here & there. The best and most helpful feedback for those that follow, quite honestly is posted by those such as yourself who are bang up to date & have a current, unclouded point of view.

The very best of luck at BRNC.
  4. Gordy, is this really the most appropriate place to discuss your pervy fantasies about being secured to things. Diamond Lils is the place for discussing bondage! ;) :biggrin: ....or PM Sgtpepperband; that's the sort of thing Reggies do professionally to sozzled matelots I understand.... :twisted: :lol:

PS: RR is a broad church, we tolerate all sorts: left footers, right footers, brown hatters, the legless, the positivly 'armless and, yes, those who like to get knotted and even the odd Reggiecide! ;)

PPS: Congratulations on passing your AIB. Don't forget to use your knife & fork properly and eat asparagus with your fingers!