A Man and His Dog

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by josiecats, Dec 15, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A man and his dog were walking along a road .
    The man was enjoying the scenery when it suddenly occured to him that he was dead.

He rememberd dying and that his faithfull dog had dyed many years before he wondered where the road was leading them to

After a while, they came to a high, white stone wall..As he reached the wall he saw a magnificient gate, and the streat that lead to the gate was made of pure gold...He and his dog walked towards the gates , as he got closer he saw a man at a desk

When he was close enough he called to the man asking where are we?, This is heaven sir the man replied...Wow !!.would you happen to have some water we have travelled far said the man..Of course sir come in an i will have some ice cold water for you, as the gate began to open "can my friend " gesturing toward his dog "come in too?" the traveler asked

Im sory sir, but we dont accept pets.

The man thought of all the years his dog had remained loyal to him and turned back towards the road

After another long walk he came to a plain dirt road which lead to a farm gate,he saw a man leaning against a tree reading a book , "Excuse me" called the traveler "Do you have any water We have traveled far".. Yes sure , there's a tap over there ,, come in and help yourself" "how about my friend here?" there is a bowl by the tap was the reply.. The traveler had a long drink then gave his freind a drink.

"What do you call this place" said the traveler . This sir is " Heaven" was the answer .Well thats confusing said the man as heaven is down the road too.."Oh you mean the place with the gold road and gates? " No sir thats Hell..Dosent it make you mad for them to use your name like that ? asked the traveler

"No . We're just happy that they screen out the folks who'd leave thier best friends behind in exchange for material things " was the reply......

Not by me ,,but by A Non E Mouse!!!

2. Are you sure this wasn't written by the Caretaker?

3. i got this out of the news paper some time ago ..... way before i ever
    heard of this site,,so I have no idea who wrote it.. jus liked it