a little holiday in England

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by dexia05, Sep 17, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've just got back from a little holiday in England with a group of friends, we all stayed in some London hostels so that we could stay cheaply. They're ideal if you don't intend to stay in your accommodation very long and want to get out and see everything. London is very pretty, especially in the summer, lots of historic buildings and some beautiful parks, great for hiking! I'd certainly recommend the city as a holiday location, from abroad or from within Britain. I'm considering my next sightseeing trip, and have been looking at some Florence hotels; I was actually quite surprised to find that some are very reasonably priced. Maybe a Hotel in Rome would be better, though? I could go see the National Museum of Rome or the Borghese gallery. I've heard a lot more about Rome and I think that the sights there might be a lot better to see, has anyone been to either and got an opinion on that?
  2. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

We had a competition once to see who could crack one of the wrist in the Vatican city, I think that was in Rome. Italy is lovely, just full of italians, venice is good, fcukin expensive though. Pompei is well worth a gander, the pizza is shite but the icecream is to die for in italy..................why dont italians have freckles?.................they keep sliding off...boom boom
  3. Yes Royal, the Vatican is in Rome certainly! Fancy you not knowing that!

We do a city break every year and I would certainly recommend Roma, or Milano, or Praha (Prague), or Barca, most recently we did Krakow.
  4. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

Most recently you did Krakov? Not sure about the spelling, but isn't that what blobby wanted to do in the Vatican?
  5. wet_blobby

:thumright: :w00t: :dwarf:
  6. What, like Debbie did Dallas? :dwarf:
  7. We obviously look at the wrong brochure, the last city break we went on was to Fareham/Gosport
  8. I can assure you most categorically that I did not do anything similar to what Blobby did in the Vatican in any of the cities I have visited. I am a lady.
  9. wet_blobby

Bet you thought about being naughty. :thumright:
  10. Venice is good for two days!!! After that it is :pukel:

What, like Debbie did Dallas? I thought that movie very educational far better than The Ewing Family saga
  11. With senior management I have just spent five weeks in the UK. We stayed for one week just outside Brighton. Then, after my younger daughters wedding, cat and house sat for 2 weeks in SE London before going to Barrow on Furnace and the Lakes for a week then back to Hurstpierpoint for a week before we drove home to Spain. Most of this time we were self catering and cooking for ourselves and in fact even gave two dinner parties to old friends in London.

How did I find UK for along period after living in Spain for 3 years. Not good I am afraid;

1. Very expensive food, wine, eating out, clothes, fuel, entertainment, accommodation. In fact just about everything we purchased had increase by a vast amount in three years.
    2. Service was very poor in most areas, Barrow and the South Lakes were in general excellent. "MyHotel" in Brighton and my daughters wedding reception at a nearby venue in Pyecombe could not be faulted.
    3. Most residents of UK when driving or out of their vehicles I found to be rude and aggressive. This also included the two old pharts that tried to force me off a narrow pavement in Hurstpierpoint into heavy traffic in the High Street so they could remain walking side by side. Also in that town, what was a free local car park to access local shops is now still free but only if you display a time disk purchasable at local council office for £1. No directions to where these offices may be nor where you could leave your car when you went off to locate said Office on a Saturday afternoon so I took my money to Burgess Hill.
    4. Loads of litter
    5. Total absence of both ordinary Police and Traffic Police on the streets.
    6 Traffic volumes very heavy at all times on all roads.

Would I recommend anyone to visit the United Kingdom "NO"

At the end of the year we are off to San Francisco, South Island New Zealand, Australia and Singapore. I will let you know how they compare to the UK.

For any Taffies, Jocks or Northern Irish who read this, please substitute England for UK instead of shouting at me.

I thank you.

12. tiddlyoggy

I sincerely hope that you're not seriously suggesting that ladies don't do that, maybe not in the Vatican, but not at all?
  13. I did not do it with Blobby.

What I do with the PO Stoker when we go on our Anniversary City Breaks is neither here nor there.
  14. Mostly there I would have thought unless you both do the two places at one time thing.
  15. tiddlyoggy

"Mostly there I would have thought unless you both do the two places at one time thing", you f****** pervert, what sort of warped mind have you got?
  16. I havent been to Rome but i have seen the film Gladiator. Looks wonderful, Did you get over to the coleseum to watch the hyenas and baboons sodimizing young women?? :pukel:
  17. Takes one to see one, and I never thought of that until you pointed it out, now what was that you were saying about warped mind.
  18. Can we move along the bus please. I am not certain this topic is entirely suitable.
  19. You started it!
  20. tiddlyoggy

I think this topic's great!