a little help

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by kyle99, Jan 10, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi all i dont know if this is in the right place but i went down to my local afco the other day and he booked me in for a psycometric test and i was wondering what this involved also he gave me a list of things i needed to bring with me and 1 of the things was a national health card from my gp and i went to see my gp and was told they dont do them anymore am i meant to look elsewhere?

thanks in advance

2. Tada!!

As you are new I won't bother to tell you all about the search function.
    In fact I've done it for you, just click on the blue "Tada!!" above, and

[​IMG]

3. as for the health card, i got one sent through to me, but i had to phone up my local health authority. Try googling it or phoning your doctor again.

4. When I went for my sift, the Lt said that the fact I had no health card thing/ national insurance was fine.

Edit: i am 15 though, so..

5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Your NI Card isn't sent until you are 16 usually.

Your NHS number is often (but not always) written on your Birth Certificate. In any event your GP surgery can tell you your NHS Number.

6. With your NHS number you would have one on your birth certificate, however the NHS did change the number a few years back so yours might have changed like mine did.
    Now you can go to your GP and request the number which will be on your medical records.
    To get the card tho you would need to request that from a differnt source as your GP doesnt have the actual card to give you. (Im unsure where exactly it is you make the request but your GP can tell you)

However If you are like me and dont have enough time to get the card before your test then your local AFCO can supply you with a form that you give to your GP.
    This requests them to provide your NHS number a signature and a surgury stamp. (This is what I had to do)

Hope this helps