Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

a little bit confused

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
gingergorilla said:
Ninja_Stoker said:
I've had guys (& girls) having a provisional offer of service withdrawn if their Security Clearance gets knocked back (usually because of undeclared criminal convictions or poor credit record).

I've got a loan and a few things on finance, would the poor credit score effect me?

Only if you have CCJ's, are an undischarged bankrupt or have unresolved defaulted payments.

gingergorilla

Midshipman
Ah rite. I should be fine then as I have not missed any payments so far. Was hoping to pay it all of before i joined up, however i got a date abit sooner than i thought. Not complaining tho :D

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
janner said:
thereverend said:
supermario said:
Not true Janner.

Once someone has been allocated from the waiting list, that will normally be their entry date. However, if for some reason the course was cancelled, then we need to have a get-out clause in the offer. In my 8 years in the careers the date offered ahs always been there actual entry date.

SM

:)

Cheers me dear. I have to admit, I find it very difficult reading your posts and have to read them two or three times before it sinks in because I always have the Super Mario theme tune in my head when doing so and picture you running up and down the deck on a ship jumping on mushrooms and turtles and the such.

Is it not feasible that my outline will come into being, why take less able lads when better are available?

It got one or two thinking a bit as well I suspect.

For Officers merit based selection already exists (ie they can pass AIB, but if somone scores better they get the job first).

The RAF used to use merit based selection for Other Ranks - we use the same personal qualities assessment scores, so it would be easy to impliment - many would suggest it's a reasonable policy when recruiting is bouyant. Already we don't bother with criminal conviction waivers unless they are stunningly exceptional in all other respects - I've only ever thought two people worthwhile in the last 6 years out of 734 candidates I've processed as their careers adviser (I checked today!).

We no longer bother with discretionary points for 'near misses' on the Recruiting Test - so we're certainly getting a bit more picky, that's for sure. Not like when I joined (Obviously :wink: )

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
Thanks NS, I must get around to putting on thread how it was when I joined in 1960, a different world

janner said:
Thanks NS, I must get around to putting on thread how it was when I joined in 1960, a different world

Ahhhhh, 1960 - 'twas a good year for a life on:

:wink:

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
Reminds me Gene Hunt returns tomorrow, here's hoping its more like the first series than the second, Oh! the memories.

icantfly

Lantern Swinger
janner said:
Reminds me Gene Hunt returns tomorrow, here's hoping its more like the first series than the second, Oh! the memories.

The second series was better than the first.. I hated that bloody clown!!

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
icantfly said:
janner said:

The second series was better than the first.. I hated that bloody clown!!

So did I, but I thought that the humour and antics were closer to the mark

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
janner said:

Ten Top Gene Hunt Quotes:

Daily Telegraph said:
1. Hunt: They reckon you've got concussion – but personally, I couldn't give a tart's furry cup if half your brains are falling out. Don't ever waltz into my kingdom playing king of the jungle.

Tyler: Who the hell are you?
Hunt: I'm Gene Hunt. Your DCI. And it's 1973. Nearly dinner time. I'm 'aving hoops

2. Hunt: You're nicked for the murder of Delphine Parks, the rape and attempted murder of Nina Akiboa. Anything you say will be taken down, ripped up and shoved down your scrawny little throat until you've choked to death. Gene Hunt chapter 1 verse 2.

3. Hunt to Alex Drake: Shall we go back to some proper policing? A bit of admin? I need to stamp your arse

Drake: I beg your pardon?

Hunt: It's tradition when the woman joins the Met, skirt up, stamp your bum with the days date and down the pub.

4. Hunt to Alex Drake: Stop moaning. What’s up with you this morning! You haven’t got the decorators in again have we?

5. Suspect: I want a lawyer.

Hunt: I want to hump Britt Ekland, what are we gonna do?

6. Hunt: Now is not the time to have a one-night stand with your conscience.

7. Hunt to female police officer: Listen luv, how about you detect me some Garibaldi biscuits to go with this cuppa

8. Hunt: What I call a dream involves Diana Doors and a bottle of chip oil.

9. Hunt: Gene Hunt smashes doors down he does not pick girlie locks.

10. Hunt: Take that seat belt off! You're a police officer, not a bloody vicar.

Every one a gem.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C A little bit of lesser known history Bases / Shore Est 4
xchiefcook A little bit of help please Nearest & Dearest 2
soleil Navy News: A Little Bit Of "Heart And Soul" From Gloucester The Fleet 0
wet_blobby A little bit of help please Gentlemen. History 10
wet_blobby A little bit OTT Current Affairs 6
R After a little bit of help please! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 40
GPZ_pilot 6 weeks to go, and a little bit worried Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 24
E A little bit of advice appreci re: mechanical selection test Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
D A little bit of news! The Quarterdeck 36
bigbaddog A little bit of Naval History - HMS VANQUISHER (1921) History 3
higthepig A little tune for you............ Diamond Lil's 14
MoD_RSS Milton Keynes founder of 'Cheerful Little Letter' project wins PM award MoD News 0
dapperdunn Little Miss Sumo Diamond Lil's 57
MoD_RSS Launch of #BritsInColombia - A little local knowledge goes a long way MoD News 0
BillyNoMates The Little Ships. The Book Club 10
Joint_Force_Harrier Lifes Little Wins :) Diamond Lil's 0
vauxhall Just a little pensions question Finance & Pensions 0
vauxhall A little financial security for life Finance & Pensions 0
S A little help Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
PotentialCT Need a little help organising my exit strategy. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
mintymurray every little helps Charity 3
D Good afternoon, I'm after a little help. The Corps 6
E New to RFA needing a little advice and help RFA 19
B Need a little help and actual advice please! UPO 1
taffscrivs Little red riding hood Miscellaneous 0
clanky 7 little Dockyard children Diamond Lil's 9
1 A little help regarding FATs & AIB? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
J A little help and advice would be beneficial. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
stan_the_man A little help for old Stan The Quarterdeck 4
T Newbie needing a little help, please! Nearest & Dearest 2
FunkyJunky Little PR for RN Current Affairs 1
trelawney126 Little Acorns Current Affairs 0
SONAR-BENDER Poor little kid - scarred for life! Diamond Lil's 36
S Addicted! Just a little random comment Diamond Lil's 6
soleil Yeovil Express: "Royal Navy Pride For X Factor Winners Little Mix" The Fleet Air Arm 0
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp A cracking little Booklet for the younger Newbies History 0
sgtpepperband A little good news story... The Internet - Best and Worst 4
chieftiff A little inspiration for all you oldies! Health & Fitness 4
P A little health advice Submariners 10
L A little confused Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
T Just a little question. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
soleil Guardian: "Mothballing Ships Makes Little Sense. We Need These Armed Forces" The Fleet 1
Q A few little Questions Diamond Lil's 27
janner Little Johnny Miscellaneous 1
C A little confused Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
S Little info if possible! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
FinnishMarine1/03 A little help checking a bloke. The Corps 43
P Little Jonny Blue Jokes 1
The_Caretaker Little Black Baby Miscellaneous 0
The_Caretaker Little Red Riding Hood Blue Jokes 0