A good website for those of you preparing for the psychometric test

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by 2cool, Dec 5, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A pdf with every psychometric test question you could ever want

Psychometric Success - Free Practice Aptitude Tests

Only a few categories are the same as in the Navy test, however I found it good practice to just do all off them on that site

edit: scratch that, heres access to a pdf with every question you could ever want

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&...joJ3sX&sig=AHIEtbT_PJlMWv20s4GeQ0e0DgDfuWMTew

Some of these seems more difficult than in the actually test meaning you will be well prepared whatever is thrown at you!

Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

A "website" it clearly is. A "good one" remains to be seen... :oops:

3. There are not many tests but i felt they were certainly worth doing, get your brain working if nothing else!

• Like Like x 1
  4. 2c

Did you get the score required for Officer when the CA looked at your score again?

5. On the old pass marks I had already passed... unfortunately since I originally sat the test the pass marks for officer have increased and because this counts as a new application it meant having to resit to achieve the new pass marks because one of my sections was just short for the new pass marks. I have resat though since and passed this time with a bit of practice and a stopwatch handy in the exam... its unreal how tight it is for time! Ive yet to arrange my sift date though I think 2 months should be enough time... I intend to have the knowledge required for both the AIB and sift by the time i get to my sift interview so i can get a place on the AIB asap

apologies for the life story! also, I am allowed to keep my original application open so if i don't pass/get into training for officer I can go in as an able rate without having to start from scratch on the waiting list... so can't loose!

6. LOSE

I HATE it when people don't know the difference between 'loose' and 'lose' and you'd be amazed how adversely this influenced my reading of their essays when I was involved in recruitment. Maybe my doppelganger will be sitting on the AIB when you sit yours and will be likewise unimpressed by your spelling. Now write it 100 times so you don't forget.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Was actually an inconvenient typo! honest!

I have edited my original post with an excellent link that I havn't found shared by anyone:

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&...joJ3sX&sig=AHIEtbT_PJlMWv20s4GeQ0e0DgDfuWMTew

8. I believe I am going to have to make more effort with my spelling and grammar! Although I am worried that spelling error might not have been due to laziness!

9. Every little bit helps :)

10. didn't realise I had signed up to The Bender Brigade

(p.s I was inferring TSR is for benders - not that you sir, are a bender)

11. You haven't but we are not the ones trying to pass AIB. Jimbo's already been there, done that and succeeded and I'm outside now :)

12. I hope your not outside thats a bit creepy...

13. You never know who's watching you :threaten: :thumbup:

• Like Like x 1
  14. No but Stirlings got a cattle prod that may come in handy if you catch 'em!