A Good Preview Of Navy Life

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by navy_newbie, Jan 7, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This is a brilliant documentary about the Royal Navy called Warship and shows in detail some of the tasks you will be doing while you are serving.

For anybody who wants a good preview on what Navy life is like I highly recommend watching a few of these episodes

It may also answer some questions you have

Also I hate ice and snow its impossible to do any running! :evil:
  2. :lol:
  3. How to be a complete Cock?????? :roll: :roll:
  4. :lol: :lol:
  5. Watch 'Making Waves' it's basically as close to Navy life as you can get.
  6. Or failing all that put a blanket over ur kitchen table and climb under. Lie there staring at the bottom of the table - it would help to get ur mates round to drink tinnies and bullshit each other whilst laughing loudly. Get them to pull the blanket back every hour and shine a torch in ur eyes too.
  7. also get use to banging your head when you sit up in your pit. I never learned. :D
  8. haha I will have to remember that one, or tape sponge to the ceiling
  9. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

divnt get me started :D :D
  10. I don't know how snowy it was wherever it is you live but I managed a 1 and abit mile run/jog, yesterday in a big ski coat and work clothes. People I ran past proberly thought I was a right twat. Truth be told though I was ******* hungry. :lol:
  11. [quote="Deaver] hungary. :lol:[/quote]

As in the country? An impressive feat
  12. As in the country? An impressive feat[/quote]

Considering I ran a mile and live in Havant! I knew I shouldn't have taken that blackhole at Purbrook. >.>
  13. Considering I ran a mile and live in Havant! I knew I shouldn't have taken that blackhole at Purbrook. >.>[/quote]

He has a strange body type...
  14. Go outside, roll in the snow and get ringing wet. Sit there until nearly frozen and cold to the bone, and hungry.
    Come indoors, start getting dry, attempt to eat but just as it is ready, run outside again and do it all again.
    Now say to yourself, I am doing work up, I am doing work up. :cry: :roll: :D :wink:
  15. Bollocks, I threw a bucket of icey-cold water over me, rolled in the snow an went for a 4 mile run the other day.

In shorts and a t-shirt I might add...
  16. Get you mum to spray diesel into the air at regular intervals, and swap the whole families shoes around.
  17. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Hmmmmmmm, have you served a day yet?
  18. I have the straight jacket to hand, we just aint got your '20 8O :D
  19. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

I'm suprised you needed to ask