A Flight Sim

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Waspie, Dec 4, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Since moving over to a Mac at home I have missed Flight Sim from the previous Windows PC.

So I do a bit of searching and find Mac do one called X-Plane 9. Looks good but carries a £50 price tag. (Plus mapping is limited to the US geography)

Enter Mr Google and after a very brief search find the makers of the game sell the game plus full mapping and for all formats, (Mac, Windows, and Linux), on 6 DVD's for £25.22 including P&P.

So Mr Allen, (Apple), is catching up with Mr Gates, (Microshite) on the marketing, (read - rip off), stakes. :evil: :evil: Quite a difference in price for what is in effect less than half the product.

Moral - search before you part with ya wonga.
  2. Thought you would be looking for a Paraffin Pidgeon SIM. Waspie?? with compulsory Casex, Navex and Winchex :lol: :lol: :lol: and of course Sootax for Sir :roll:
  3. Nah Scouse.

No more "Torque Split Call NR" followed by a PATCASATNI call for me ta very much.

Nice sedate Cessna puddle jumping from my chair with a mug of tea and no worries if the landings don't go quite right!!!!!
  4. Come Dougie, you know you can't beat FS9 - I have a seaking in 819 & SAR colours as well as a wasp!
  5. Oh dear!!!!!!

I'll stick with a wee puddle jumper, no guns, bombs or rotors fank you!!! :lol: