A few things

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Mutley1101, Feb 25, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all....hope this finds you well.
    I'm really sorry but there is a few things that I just thought maybe you lot could clear up for me;

1. Is it true that a serving member of the RN has to ask permisson to get married?

2. Can u carry over qualifications from the TA. I know i lose my PTI, but can I carry over my DITS (Defence Instructional Techniques) its a tri service qualification, but not sure?

3. I was also told that MA's have to be a leading hand until they get posted to a ship, except the three month trianing period, is this true?

Thanks in advance

2. the_matelot

the_matelot War Hero Moderator

1) No-but you have to inform the command and the UPO/(RAO in pongo speak) for admin purposes. If you've got a DV clearance as well, you will need to inform the DVA prior to your wedding as well.

2) You can carry it over but if you get to become an instructor at any stage of your career, you will have to do the Train the Trainer course (TTT) which is the DITS course and some more stuff bolted on (13 day course).

3) Angrydoc will give you the latest on that but I've known scablifters to serve at sea whilst AB's and they had been in a fair few year by then so I'm sure it wasn't their phase 3 training.

3. Mutley.

1. No
    2. Tri-service quals will remain. Your Dits qual will come over, no problems there.
    3. on FF/DD embarked MAs are leading hands however I have known MAs at sea from time to time, I'm sure one of our scab lifting freinds can clear that up.

4. Matelot, you type faster than me, FACT.

5. the_matelot

the_matelot War Hero Moderator

I'd bloody well hope so-I can't have a faggotty AC being better than me :D ;)