A few questions

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by xeiux, Dec 8, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hello there im looking to join under marine engineering (submariner)

my questions are as follows:-

i recently sent off the forms to sit the RT whats the estimate time ill have to wait before i sit it, or i should say how long do i have to revise before i sit it.

as i want to join as a submariner is there any insight of what the training involves for it, is a higher level of fitness required.

and does the waiting time start now i made first contact or after i sit the RT

any answers given will be greatly appreciated
  2. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Best advice read the the Newbies thread - it WILL answer any questions you have
  3. Be ready to move to Scotland.
  4. ill be sure to check out the newbies thread, and why be prepared to move to scotland?
  5. Well as all submarines are getting moved up to HMNB Clyde and you say you want to be submariner it's a fair bet you'll be posted in Scotland.
  6. ahh thats why then good thing im prepared to move whereever then
  7. one more question as im going for marine engineering so im guessing i need quite good marks in the RT how high is that percentage wise as in a practice book im getting 80-90% correct should that be enough or should i aim for more
  8. Always aim higher...
  9. I sent off my application forms for the exact same job back in September 2010, at the time I was told there was a roughly 18 month waiting time for this trade. Been just over a year and not heard anything since so when I next get a day off work I'm going to pop along to the careers office to see if they've forgotten about me :p
  10. Through which AFCO are you applying?
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  11. i got told by my afco thats its a 10 month waiting list
  12. Portsmouth
  13. i got my RT date for jan 10 so i need to work harder until then
  14. Good luck in you RT :)