A few questions

hello there im looking to join under marine engineering (submariner)

my questions are as follows:-

i recently sent off the forms to sit the RT whats the estimate time ill have to wait before i sit it, or i should say how long do i have to revise before i sit it.

as i want to join as a submariner is there any insight of what the training involves for it, is a higher level of fitness required.

and does the waiting time start now i made first contact or after i sit the RT

any answers given will be greatly appreciated

Well as all submarines are getting moved up to HMNB Clyde and you say you want to be submariner it's a fair bet you'll be posted in Scotland.

one more question as im going for marine engineering so im guessing i need quite good marks in the RT how high is that percentage wise as in a practice book im getting 80-90% correct should that be enough or should i aim for more

I sent off my application forms for the exact same job back in September 2010, at the time I was told there was a roughly 18 month waiting time for this trade. Been just over a year and not heard anything since so when I next get a day off work I'm going to pop along to the careers office to see if they've forgotten about me :p

I sent off my application forms for the exact same job back in September 2010, at the time I was told there was a roughly 18 month waiting time for this trade. Been just over a year and not heard anything since so when I next get a day off work I'm going to pop along to the careers office to see if they've forgotten about me :p
Through which AFCO are you applying?

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C RFA 5
P Joining the Royal Navy 15
R Joining the Royal Navy 3