A few questions

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Saffa, Jan 19, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello I was wondering if anybody could answer a couple of questions for me. I am joining the Royal Navy on 15th March as a personnel logistician and was wondering when going for phase 2 am I allowed to take a laptop with me as my family live in South Africa and it is cheaper phoning on Skype than a mobile, and I was wondering does a personnel logistician stay on shore straight after phase 2 or do we join our first ship

Thanks

2. Yes you can take a laptop with you once into phase 2 training. You will need to organise your own internet connection.

Logs Pers normally spend about 6 months working ashore before getting there first and sometimes only sea-draft as an AB.

SM

3. Thanks for the answers guys. One more question if you could, would any of you know if there are many South Africans that serve in the Royal Navy (just for interests sake)

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

There are a few South Africans however you are strongly advised to investigate the implications of the South African Mercenary Act if you were to join the UK Armed Forces.

5. In seven years as a recruiter I've seen dozens come through my office. We do get more who join the Royal Marines than the Navy though!!

SM

:roll:

6. Thanks for that Ninja I am originally English born lived there for seventeen years so still refer to myself as a saffa just out of habit. I was informed of the mercenary act when I went in for my tests as I was offered a communications technician job, they said for that job I would have to revoke my citizenship but for what I am going for I am okay

7. 'Personnel logistician'? Eeek! does that hurt..

8. we trained a Buccaneer squadron for your SAAF many moons ago, at Hms Fulmar great guys and awesome drinkers :wink: :wink: :roll:

9. depends?? where the "SCRIBES" puts his quill :sex: :oops:

10. Thanks mate, that is exactly what I thought the job is...every night in then!