A few pics from my recent trip to the Monaco Yacht Show 2009

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by tommo, Sep 28, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Recently come back from doing business in Monaco, meeting with clients and gaining new ones (touch wood)

Anyway here are some pics from the show

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One of the yacht's owner’s cars

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Re: A few pics from my recent trip to the Monaco Yacht Show

Nice one Tommo.

3. Re: A few pics from my recent trip to the Monaco Yacht Show

I'd prefer it if you didn't go plastering pictures of my property all over the internet shippers. 8)

4. Lol You shouldn't flaunt them then

5. What no totty?

6. I'm always amazed by the number of large floating gin palaces around the world sporting red ensigns (defaced or otherwise). It shows that some people in this country and its dependencies are still worth a bob or two.

7. Re: A few pics from my recent trip to the Monaco Yacht Show

Do not worry there was loads of Maids

Even at my hotel in Nice

[​IMG]

Even the Red Arrows turned up

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. You could've at least blacked out the number plate on my Ferrari!

9. Re: A few pics from my recent trip to the Monaco Yacht Show

Don't forget a lot of those deface Red Dusters is all to do with Tax Havens, although there were a couple registered in London

10. Re: A few pics from my recent trip to the Monaco Yacht Show

Didn't have my black chinagraph with me shippers

11. I do love my job when I do things like this :D

12. Re: A few pics from my recent trip to the Monaco Yacht Show

They're fabulous photos, Tommo - did you have a good time?

13. It was great. It's a different world these rich people live in lol

It's always nice to go on board these fine vessels even better when in it is in place's like Monaco

14. Guns

Guns War Hero Moderator

Any of them need a OOW qualified PWO able to fight off pirates etc. Plus I do a very good shortcast.

15. Sorry mate, they only employ competant professionals in the superyacht industry.

16. And also knowing that some other person is going to scrub out rather than you! :)

What job do you do now?

17. I basically in short have a company that provides Nav's Yeo Services to the Super/Mega Yachts

18. Cool.

Chartering of yachts is big business and invariably means you are in warmer climes than Blighty. Thought about getting into it when I left the mob but just didn't know where to start and ones redundancy package wasn't that good! :)

19. Re: A few pics from my recent trip to the Monaco Yacht Show

Aye it's good money on the vessel but can be very hard work as you can be busy with the clients or owners most of the time.

Speaking to a skipper of a vessel which is a client on the Thursday, he was sent there by the owner to search for another yacht so the current one will be a weekend yacht in the Med (the owner is a fan of F1) and the new yacht will be on it's two year trip in the Pacific.

The skipper was given a budget of 7 Million to 75 million for a yacht. That is a massive range of yachts in size to pick one for the owner lol

The skipper is also an ex RAN AB who was on ex flying fish in '99 when I was

20. When I went for my "hand over your ID card" meeting there was a bloke there who had just flown back from Greece (me? I had just walked across the parade ground) still in his shorts and fleece top. He had got some sort of sailing ticket whilst in the mob and was due to crew yachts around the Med.

And what did I do for my 4 week resettlement course? City and Guilds IT with the RBL in some pongo camp. Stupid stupid stupid man :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: