A few moments of silence

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by AfterSSE, Feb 20, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I don't know about you guys, but this had me going within 5 seconds... :(

Applicable to all countries where men and women serve.

This film was made by a 15 year old girl.

The following is the hottest thing on the internet and on Fox News.

Lizzie Palmer who put this YouTube program together is 15 years old.

There have been over 3,000,000 hits as of this morning. In case you missed it, here it is.

Watch all of it.......and, pass it on!!

http://www.youtube.com/v/ervaMPt4Ha0&autoplay=1

2. Fcuk me - if that don't bring it home nothing will.

Such a well put together video - should be sent to Brown.

3. A 15yr old lass did that! Bravo to her, that video is amazing!

4. Couldn't get the link to work but found one by the same girl called Remember me, was that the one. If not it was still amazing?

5. Had me bawling .... amazing!

6. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Hmm, don't wanna sound insensitive but...

...sensationalist, emotive nonsense! Far too propagandist, reeks of 'tugging at the heart strings' for the sake of it, and far too professional to be made by a teenager. According to her You Tube profile page, she has made quite a living from making these kind of 'tribute' videos...

And did the grieving families consent to their private moments to be broadcast in You Tube?

I'm sorry but I'm sick of these (typically American) statements of emotion. Yes, I care for the troops posted on the front line, and have lost many comrades in action, but my thoughts and emotions are between me and my God. Not something to be made into a pop video for the world to see... :?

7. Now SPB except for the bit about God I am in full and complete agreement.

8. you did sound insensitive there are equally as many videos on you tube done by British Serviceman in a similar fashion not just to tug heart strings but to make a genuine show of respect,if the same amount of hits where recorded on a British one and it was reported by the BBC i would have no problems with it if it drew attention to the plight of our troops

9. sgtpepperband

I didn't say WHICH God... :wink:

10. sgtpepperband

Brendan: You say potato, I say chips... these videos mean different things to different people; the ones who make them, the ones who watch them... and people like me, who couldn't give a rats arse about the videos.

I'm against the war, but for the troops. However I do not support these self-publicising sycophants who make the videos. And if they achieved anything, why aren't the BBC/ITV/Sky not broadcasting them during their news bulletins?

:?

11. Then why say anything at all?

12. ......because he has a right to an opinion....right or wrong. Personally, I think he's wrong...but that's my opinion! :silent:

13. Concur

14. still a nice vid tho, even affected me

stab

15. Yup me too sentimental cods walllop.If you want good examples of propaganda try Battleship Potemkin Sergei Eisenstein,or Triumph of the will Leni Riefenstahl.

16. CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When you think that the cost of a shoulder launched missile is the cost of cancer treatment for a month for a cancer patient, And the UK cannot afford it unless you live in Scotland of course

17. sgtpepperband

BP1UK: Erm, kind of see what you mean - but WTF has that gotta do with the thread?! 8O

18. As soon as I read "I am fighting for you", or words to that effect, I switched off. Everyone knows that they are out there fighting for the combined egos of Bush and Blair, oh, and oil.

19. AOL

20. sgtpepperband

BT Internet, myself... :wink: