A few little Questions

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Quando, Jun 25, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello folks,
    Discovered this forum today. I'm hoping to join the RN as a Warfare Officer, after having been a civillian police officer for 2.5 years. I have my RT on 16th August, but the AFCO I spoke to seemed to be in a bit of a rush. Am I right in assuming it's going to be similar to the PIRT (Civillian Police Initital Recruitment Test) comprising of general spelling and grammar comprehension, general maths?
    Is it followed by a formal interview on the same day, or is it solely the test?

and a few more questions...

what's the food like in training/on board?
    can you smoke in training/onboard a vessel or will I have to quit?
    do you train 7 days a week at BRNC or is it 5 out of 7? during free time are you confined to barracks (if that's the correct phrase for the navy)?
    onboard the ship does an officer get his or her own room or are they shared?

Cheers in advance. i'm in work at the moment, but looking forward to doing plenty of reading and research on here in the coming days and months.

2. and also...
    Is it ok to be openly gay in the Navy, and do the Navy adhere to their policies on equality and diversity or is homophobia etc brushed under the carpet? obviously a bit of harmless banter is fine in certain circumstances, but i'd like some reassurance that if there's a possibility of me spending at least the next 12 years i won't have to go back into the closet.
  3. Incoming...................
  4. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Where you in the para's?

5. So you're gay, a copper and want to be an officer.....you must have been bullied to fuck at school to turn out so shite...
    In today's all caring all sharing, tokenistic PC navy, they'll love you..if you're black and female as well...you'll be an Admiral by stand-easy!!
  6. witsend

Please join up. Its been a while since we've had a good old fashioned lynching.

7. LMFAO!!!! :laughing2:
  8. shame you've got your computer to hide behind Spidiver, otherwise I could've had you promoted - you'd be black and female after I cut your little cock off and kicked you in the face. If you give me abuse mate, you can expect it back trifold :)
  9. And for the rest of you, you've answered my question - the Navy's seemingly full of egotistical macho homophobic troglodytes, but it'll take alot more than the replies to this thread to put me off, i'm afraid. I hope to meet some of you in person one day :D
  10. Wow another keyboard warrior...so you are not a copper are you?...your just some sad fat fucktard who lives a walt life, asking dumbfuck questions on military sites. Why is it every year after the GCSE exams finish all these fucking idiots infest the site?
  11. Poof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. witsend

Thats the spirit!

Like I said, some of the younger lads haven't seen a lynching yet. The last one we had was some lad from St Vincent who had a taste for blonde birds. He cried like a gayer who broke a nail.
  13. What about a kiss goodbye sweetheart.
  14. Damn, you got me, it's Prince Harry.
  15. :hump:

will that do, love?
  16. witsend

I thought you were the fairy princess.
  17. I'm not pushing back.
  18. witsend

I always thought you were a lazy bastard with dodgy chromosomes. Next you'll be complaining he can't find your prostate.
  19. Who said he's getting me prostrate.:laughing2:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.