A couple of questions from potential submariner.

dingerbell

Lantern Swinger
do they still call us cookey boys cnuts they used to always call us that on all my boats. JOKE!!! I'm furkin joking. they all love us really.

UP SPIRITS..............SPLICEEEEERS!!!!! :thumright: :threaten:

Subsunk

Lantern Swinger
Book Reviewer
Hi, firstly I'm not sure about the future of boats down south - anybody joining submarines has to be ready for life in Scotland, given the Astute Class Boats are heading north.

It is possible to transfer to the General Service world, but the old line 'The Needs of the Service' applies - if it needs submariners in a particular branch more than skimmers, then people who want to transfer needn't bother being issued with anti-flash.

Any reason for your particular branch selection?

x4nd

Lantern Swinger
Subsunk said:
Hi, firstly I'm not sure about the future of boats down south - anybody joining submarines has to be ready for life in Scotland, given the Astute Class Boats are heading north.

It is possible to transfer to the General Service world, but the old line 'The Needs of the Service' applies - if it needs submariners in a particular branch more than skimmers, then people who want to transfer needn't bother being issued with anti-flash.

Any reason for your particular branch selection?
You would have to check with someone who is current, but six months ago if you joined up as an ET(WESM) you had no rights to transfer to GS. You could request, but given the shortage of ET(WESM) the answer would probably be no.

:dwarf:

hey guys nice to meet you all, as you can tell iam new here, just thought id seek some advice/info from you lot :)
iam currently still a civy working at Sizwell B powerstation in suffolk working as a Radiological worker, i have to monitor radiation levels, deal with radioactive waste etc, my mate is a WE on HMS Trenchent and has perswaded me to try out for the Navy as a MA, i was just wondering if you had and usfull info that you could tell me about this job and if it would actualy benefit me that i work with radiation ect, any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks :)

iamlemann said:
hey guys nice to meet you all, as you can tell iam new here, just thought id seek some advice/info from you lot :)
iam currently still a civy working at Sizwell B powerstation in suffolk working as a Radiological worker, i have to monitor radiation levels, deal with radioactive waste etc, my mate is a WE on HMS Trenchent and has perswaded me to try out for the Navy as a MA, i was just wondering if you had and usfull info that you could tell me about this job and if it would actualy benefit me that i work with radiation ect, any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks :)
go for MA. easy life :dwarf: if any one pisses you off when jabs are due you tap the needle on a s/steel surface and put a barb on it OUCH! revenge is sweet :thumright:

Bawsack

Lantern Swinger
Stay where you are mate, the moneys better and there is less hassle.

An MAs job onboard and alongside is not much fun and the job is shite. I know of very few MAs who are happy and enjoy their jobs, A lot of them leave to do your job!!

Only my opinion.

onlmao cheers for that guys, mixed opinions as i expected :) i could see being in a sub could get a bit boring like ya say, but there are uppers, eg, you get to travel the world and have free holidays, tbh im just kinda bored of staying round where i live, i want to get out and do something exciting adventerous and different. and if i can get revenge on ppl by screwing up the needle i could have alotta fun lol. dont spose u got any training regiems that you did or anything do you? thanks again :) p.s bawsack u play COD5 on PS3?

Bawsack

Lantern Swinger
iamlemann said:
onlmao cheers for that guys, mixed opinions as i expected :) i could see being in a sub could get a bit boring like ya say, but there are uppers, eg, you get to travel the world and have free holidays, tbh im just kinda bored of staying round where i live, i want to get out and do something exciting adventerous and different. and if i can get revenge on ppl by screwing up the needle i could have alotta fun lol. dont spose u got any training regiems that you did or anything do you? thanks again :) p.s bawsack u play COD5 on PS3?
Err No. Sorry you must have me confused with some sort of geek who sits in front of a machine with his genetalia in his hand..............Oh hang on it might be me.....No its not sorry.

iamlemann said:
Could you do me a favour please iamlemann, re write the above in English or French cos I didn't understand a word of what you wrote.
Thanks

try reading a few posts before aswell, will make bit more sense then, and if your not going to say something useful please dont bother replying, its a waste of time >.>

onlmao cheers for that guys, mixed opinions as i expected Smile i could see being in a sub could get a bit boring like ya say, but there are uppers, eg, you get to travel the world and have free holidays, tbh im just kinda bored of staying round where i live, i want to get out and do something exciting adventerous and different. and if i can get revenge on ppl by screwing up the needle i could have alotta fun lol. dont spose u got any training regiems that you did or anything do you? thanks again Smile p.s bawsack u play COD5 on PS3?
Cheers for that, guys. I expected mixed opinions, and I got them. I can see being in a sub can get a bit boring, but there are upsides. World travel and free holidays, for example. I'm just bored of the area I currently live in; I need to get out and do something exciting. And if I can get revenge on people by screwing up the needle( what does that even mean?) it could result in hilarious consequences. I don't suppose anyone could give me some training regimes could they?
I read it whilst pissed and came up with that translation :thumright:

iamlemann said:
try reading a few posts before aswell, will make bit more sense then, and if your not going to say something useful please dont bother replying, its a waste of time >.>
What posts do I need to read so 'it' makes sense?
Well muppett I could make the same comment to you about making useful retorts or say nowt but.. I won't!

Oi frenchy SHUT UP!
People come onto this webite to get information from people in the navy so that they can find out what its like.
Whats the point in taking the piss out of what someones wrote. It made perfect sense to me what iamlemann was asking.

x4nd

Lantern Swinger
SpringCatch said:
Oi frenchy SHUT UP!
People come onto this webite to get information from people in the navy so that they can find out what its like.
Whats the point in taking the piss out of what someones wrote. It made perfect sense to me what iamlemann was asking.
What a thought provoking first. My congratulations to you sir.

:santa: