A chinook...

Dr.Zoidberg said:
Just flew over my house at about 50 feet or so (I'm not great with distances so that could be shit) 8)
Unless the pilot is landing/crashing or trying to skeg a bit of all right sun bathing in a garden then the crab tosser is breaking the law.

You can't fly directly over built up areas below a specified height. 500 feet for rotary and 1000 ft fixed wing.

Or you are totally shit at you say at height estimation!!!!!!!!! So go the the opticians and get your eyes checked!!!! :lol:

finknottle said:
I don't know why it was flying over your house do you live in Afghanistan?
Do the Yanks use them? There have been a lot of F15s flying around here lately.

Waspie said:
Unless the pilot is landing/crashing or trying to skeg a bit of all right sun bathing in a garden then the crab tosser is breaking the law.

You can't fly directly over built up areas below a specified height. 500 feet for rotary and 1000 ft fixed wing.
Even in a low fly zone?

I saw an F15 fly so low a few weeks ago the wires on the telegraph pole started shaking :lol: :lol:

Dr.Zoidberg said:
finknottle said:

Waspie said:

Amongst others, I saw 2 Lynx, 2 Merlin, a Chinook and some F15s Swaledale way Tuesday. There's an exercise on mate.

Even in a low fly zone?

I saw an F15 fly so low a few weeks ago the wires on the telegraph pole started shaking :lol: :lol:

Dr.Zoidberg said:
finknottle said:

Waspie said:

Even in a low fly zone?
Even Low Fly Areas, (LFA's), have rules regards avoiding habitation. :roll:

Montigny_La_Palisse said:
Amongst others, I saw 2 Lynx, 2 Merlin, a Chinook and some F15s Swaledale way Tuesday. There's an exercise on mate.
I thought I saw a Merlin a few weeks ago, F15s have been around here for about a month, maybe 2.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Current Affairs 43
S The Fleet Air Arm 17
B Diamond Lil's 8