A brief but important career

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Jenny_Dabber, Mar 3, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. NavyNews
  2. Unbelievable, the world has gone mad! Barely run in, only 4 owners and recently serviced and we will no doubt give it away for 2 Chicken Tikka Masalas and a large pilau rice.

Someone explain why we are keeping rusting, useless Type 42s and getting rid of these workhorses? Oh, and please don't start banging on about the air threat, coz there isn't one.
  3. All the worlds' airforces disbanded then?

I should do a quick stockcheck as T42s have been paying off too
  5. You miss my point entirely. There are not too many Nations out there, owning a credible air force, that present a threat to maritime forces right now. Until Al Qaeda buy Migs there ain't going to be either. We have a "go everywhere - do anything" task that requires flexibility and modern communications and systems.

Choice 1 - Type 23 less than 7 years old, recently refitted.
    Choice 2 - Type 42 less that employable, knackered.

Guess which one we chose?
  6. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

I would assume that the Argentinians have rebuilt their air power, and must at least still appear on the threat screen.
  7. :lol: Not sure why the Argentinians should bother with an airforce. As soon as they come over the horizon the Government will just role over and give the islands back. Can't see Blair or Brown putting up a fight...