Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

A bit of help for the Junglies?

copenhagencup said:
The only time filtered down on 771 was when the duty crew had a shout at weekends and left the nutty locker open upstairs.

In my experience the SR can usually access said locker from their crew room without attracting all that much attention...

docrichard said:
copenhagencup said:
The only time filtered down on 771 was when the duty crew had a shout at weekends and left the nutty locker open upstairs.

In my experience the SR can usually access said locker from their crew room without attracting all that much attention...

I've got a Boss (Aircrew Cdr) who thinks that coffee, tea and chockie biscuits come for free - he hasn't paid into the coffee boat since joining - come to that, his predecessor thought the same for over two years!

fido said:
docrichard said:
copenhagencup said:

I've got a Boss (Aircrew Cdr) who thinks that coffee, tea and chockie biscuits come for free - he hasn't paid into the coffee boat since joining - come to that, his predecessor thought the same for over two years!

Does he believe that this comes under RHIP Fido?
Inform him that you all take turns buying the coffee etc. and he is in the chair January to June 2007.

slim said:
fido said:
docrichard said:
copenhagencup said:

Does he believe that this comes under RHIP Fido?
Inform him that you all take turns buying the coffee etc. and he is in the chair January to June 2007.

Hi Slim - in my experience, all senior officers take it for granted that someone else will pay; I don't think that they do it on purpose, it's just they way they are. By the way, have you noticed that, a more senior a person becomes, the more piso they are?

Not_a_boffin said:
Rumour going round on PPrune that CHF is going to stand up a Merlin squadron using airframes bumped from the Danish/Portuguese orders. Manned mainly by Culdrose crews but with a Jungly LH seat.

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=246393

Great to have a bit of relief for the SK4 crews, but is it permanent or is it the temporary PFI mooted some weeks ago?

Anybody shed any light?

this was thought about but the idea has now been put to bed, it was too costly. Plus you cannot get Merlins anywhere near flying lead

jungle_jim said:
Not_a_boffin said:
Rumour going round on PPrune that CHF is going to stand up a Merlin squadron using airframes bumped from the Danish/Portuguese orders. Manned mainly by Culdrose crews but with a Jungly LH seat.

Great to have a bit of relief for the SK4 crews, but is it permanent or is it the temporary PFI mooted some weeks ago?

Anybody shed any light?

this was thought about but the idea has now been put to bed, it was too costly. Plus you cannot get Merlins anywhere near flying lead

Regret to post, but WTF you saying?

fido said:
jungle_jim said:
Not_a_boffin said:

Anybody shed any light?

Regret to post, but WTF you saying?

Well if you put your glasses on and try to read what I had typed then you might, just might understand. But for someone like you, you may need to read it several times then go away and think about it and then the penny might drop. Why do you insist on posting pointless comments?

I've also heard this rumour, twice now

version 1 is that a kernow sqn will reform using mk6's (heard a few months ago)

Version 2 is that a sqn will form with dutch merlins and a mix of all three services manpower, truely JHC! (heard a few weeks ago)

Piran

Can't remember the exact quote but I thought that Pres Bliar had said that the military would get whatever equipment was needed to get the job done. More helos would be a good bloody start.

smoothbore said:
Can't remember the exact quote but I thought that Pres Bliar had said that the military would get whatever equipment was needed to get the job done. More helos would be a good bloody start.
:oops: Holds breath, b*llocks, can't be done! :oops:

smoothbore said:
yes i cannot remember the quote neither but there are more helos on their way in the very near future, but things do not happen over night

And now the junglie circuit will need all the help they can get as, 846NAS will be providing 4 cabs in afghan now! To support the extra troops going out next month

Latest Threads