A bit of guidance please

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by toejam, Oct 5, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know who to contact or have a link about seeking compensation from the navy? Its a fairly long story so i wont divulge but any help will be appreciated :headbang:

2. Am not at that age yet however have been told that the Royal British Legion is a good place to start. Good luck.

3. Depends what you are trying to do. If you are wanting to sue the MoD, I doubt if the RBL will want to get involved. If however, you are wanting to claim a War Pension (sometimes you get offered a lump sum depending on the degree of any disablement) then the RBL will get you the necessary forms and help you fill them in. Suggest you get in touch with the "Royal British Legion County Field Officer" for you area and he will send a volunteer welfare worker to see you. If you have any trouble finding the number/address of your County Field Officer let me know and I will get it for you. By the way you don't have to have been injured in action. If you have any disablement/injury that can be attributed to service then you may qualify for a War Pension.

H1.

4. Basically i want to see if i can get a settlement from the navy for wasting my time, cos they messed up my process for joining.

5. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Fcuk me, that'll go down well if your still thinking about joining. What happened, did the nasty man at the recruiting office tell you a couple of porkies?

6. Are you for real?

7. Forget the RBL if your not service or ex-service, they cannot help because of their guidelines.

8. No dont get me wrong, i went through the whole process of getting to raleigh from day 1 about 16 months ago, passed all tests blah blah blah

then got my date and had to quit my job and move back with parents, then i had to turn down alot of jobs because i already had a date from then on till i joined about a month ago.

Then they discharged me two days into training and now im absolutely skint and i cant move back to where i live and cant go back to my old job.

Im not a 16 yr old who has mummy and daddy to look after me im 25 and have to look after myself.

I gave up a fairly good career for the navy so i was wandering if there was a chance of the navy paying for their mistakes

9. But it isn't a gaurantee that you will pass basic training, you go in on your own accord, unfortunately.

If you got discharged medically and you disagree with this, then get a 2nd or 3rd opinion but if you were discharged for fitness or failing to fit their prospects and such, unfortunately you can not claim anything.

You have not served tbh and you will not be entitled to anything.

Could I ask why you were discharged? Can you not rejoin eventually? You can not claim any money because you are skint and don't have a job. It's either find a job or go sign on for that lovely free dosh they seem to give out!

10. wet_blobby

Why is it always someone elses fault? The navy must have had a valid reason to get rid of you, what was it?

11. Sounds like someone got booted for failing the RNFT! I suppoes it's easy to blame others for something they are not at fault for. It takes a man to admitt his wrong doings and a boy to point a finger.

p.s. me thinks this thread should be moved.............diamond lil's anyone?

12. This could be the same person under a different name who was complaining that they'd been discharged from Raleigh due to a medical condition that he had apparently declared during the process of joining the RN (and at that time got the greee light.) Could be wrong though?

13. I had two medical tests at my local AFCO and I DID! tell them about an old back injury and they passed me fit for basic training. RIGHT!

Then after that time waiting i get their (raleigh) and we have our standard medical tests and jabs and they ask about my old back injury, so i said its fine blah blah.

Then i got discharged for my old back injury under some code thingy

Basically i shouldnt have been classed fit in the first place

Im sorry but that is NOT my fault. :pissedoff:

14. yes its me chaz but i havent changed my name?

15. Ok, I didn't bother to check back over the other posts.

16. wet_blobby

So your old back injury is the Navys problem??

Yep, lils.

17. No you got this wrong i dont have a problem with my back it was on my medical records, im 100% fine

If you were told you were fit then put your life on hold for the navy for over a year then for it to be taken away because of someones mistake you would be a bit pissed off hey!??

:crash:

18. I'm by no means an expert in this field (far from it infact) but I think it may wise to contact your initial AFCO and let him/her advise you on matters and perhaps give you some steerage.

19. wet_blobby

So your medical records say your back is 100% Any other reason you got binned?