A bit of a quandry

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by flymo, Jun 3, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Imagine that Mrs Flymo was an au pair to a family and their children many moons ago.
    Imagine that the son grows up and gets engaged to a young lady.
    Imagine that the family are still in touch with that au pair and in fact invite her and her family to the wedding out in the Middle East somewhere.
    Imagine that this lady is the niece to Osama Bin Laden.

So the question is, do you still go and meet Osama's remaining 42 brothers?

Mute point really as as I haven't got a full time job we haven't got two brass Samson bars to rub together so we couldn't afford to go anyway. Just an interesting conundrum that life has thrown our way.
  2. Duh yes! It will be a MEGA party ffs!! Note - party NOT piss up!! Do you like rose water? And there should not be any bacon for brekkie at the hotel 'stow as much as you can' buffet.

Plus, OBL has moved on, so scrape together the readies and go!
  3. Shame that you will not be able to make it as it could open doors for you, to use the modern patois they are minted.
  4. Indeed they are! Mint tea to drink everywhere and I seem to remember them eating, sorry, cleaning their teeth A LOT during Ramadan with mint branches!

Arrrrrrrggghhhhhhh - this blank post thingy is really starting to get on my tits now. Angry emoticon thing.
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
  5. Well spotted that man, a Mars Bar for you methinks. :)
  6. Looks like I'm going to miss one of those opportunity of a lifetime things ..... again .. last time was when the interweb doo dah thingy was up and coming and I thought of a way for people and traders to have a way of trusting each other when it came to making online transactions. I should sue Paypal ...
  7. 'Kin 'ell - the groom has offered to pay for "Pizza Tracey" as she was known then, me and the Strimmer to go out to Dubai in December for the wedding.

Blimey! I've heard that Dubai has changed a bit since I was there in '87 on Armilla Patrol.
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2012

8. As I recall in the 60's there was a post office and 29 camels and that was about it.
  9. Was that so the camels could keep in touch with their family in Libya?