A Bad Day for the Celts

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by NotmeChief, Mar 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ireland beat Scotland 22 - 15

(Ref: A Good Day for the Celts)
  2. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

What drearry matches were served up yesterday. The failure of the Welsh back 3 to run in the expected load of tries has killed off my dream team hopes! I can't believe that a team with Williams and Byrne were afraid to counterattack Italy and kicked the ball away (badly) at almost every opportunity.
  3. Don't feel that way oggy. The result is not the be all and end all.

I remember getting cussed at Argyle years ago because I applauded a superb goal by the other side, it deserved praise no matter who scored it.

If Wales had won, you would not have noticed those bad kicks that you remember now. It always seems to be that if you lose, it was a shit match but the identicle match where you win is called a great match.

Alls not finished yet or any of 'our' teams.
  4. tiddlyoggy

Err, Wales did win! :roll: I'm not a Welsh supporter anyway, I was dripping about the quality of rugby played in both matches. Tentative at best I think, the Welsh should have cut their back 3 loose early on, yes Italy are a hard team to play against, but with weapons like Byrne and Williams available, shackling them is a crime.
  5. Is it just me or has the game reverted over the past few years to the perpetual kicking game that blighted the 70's.

6. tiddlyoggy

Yes, all because of the ELV's mate. Thank our Aussie friends for that! Are you reading this Jimmy? :wink:
  7. I'm not going to comment until after today's England-France game.
  8. ......ere we go 8O :D
  9. France win second half 10 - 5 :D
  10. Finally, an England performance where it clicked. In my opinion, they showed glimmers of their potential in the previous 2 games, but today they delivered!

We also had no yellow cards!

On the flip side, what an appalling performance by France - apart from about 10 minutes in the second half.
  11. tiddlyoggy

Agree, Brian Moore did make me laugh though when he said that the French game plan had been devised by Inspector Clouseau.
  12. Ha, I think Flood's attempt at a try may have had a similar influence!
  13. tiddlyoggy

Yes he should have been in. Took a Wasp to finish it! :D
    Let's hope, and I know I'll regret saying it, that this is the start of a new age for England. Still not happy with the second row (or Borthwick as captain), and the back row needs tweaking, Easter drifts in and out of games and is not dynamic enough, I'd go for Rees, Haskell and Croft. Mind you, Vickery's interview before the game was quite convincing I thought. He really did sound like he meant it.
  14. Errm....The Irish are Celts also! :oops:
  15. I was waiting for that. As neither the Irish nor the Scots are true Celts it matters not.

P.S. And neither are the Cornish.
  16. I made a point in the 'A good day for the Celts' thread that we were once all Celts but no longer. A programme I saw on TV since then went on to suggest, through DNA testing, that the Celts never actually came to these islands at all.
  17. So when was the DNA's test match? and how many conversions? Am I getting confused with mutations?
  18. tiddlyoggy

F****** hell, Jimmy,
    Who is a Celt then, I've been called a c**t and sometimes mistaken the 2 words, but now? Identity crisis.!! :wink:
  19. The two words have the same meaning.
  20. ha ha im loving your work Notmechief!!