92 mod emails published in Ashley Madison hack

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Montigny-La-Palisse, Aug 20, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. There could be 92 difficult chats being had over the next few days. I expect some people will find their next DV somewhat difficult:

92 Ministry of Defence addresses in leak

According to the website Political Scrapbook, there are 92 Ministry of Defence email addresses among the leaked details.

The website has found 1,716 email addresses from universities and further education colleges, using the .ac.uk suffix; 124 using .gov.uk; 92 using .mod.uk; 65 local education authorities and schools using .sch.uk; 56 National Heath Service emails and less than 50 police emails (.police.uk)

2. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

I'm guessing none of those 92 worked in the Intelligence community? :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Didn't have a choice, I daren't use my home e-mail :)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. I didnt know we had 92 mods? I didnt know we had 92 members :(

5. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I'm guessing that they probably do. Your average green slime think they are above anyone else in the pub quiz stakes.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

Good point - sitting in the room with no windows drinking tea and playing warhammer all day while saying 'you aren't cleared to be in here' not only makes you highly intelligent, but also attractive to the opposite sex.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

It's a known fact that those in the Intelligence community fit the profiles of sex offenders, but without the offending behaviour.

• Like Like x 1
  8. But only on the Internet.....

• Like Like x 3
  9. We have so many Contractors, sorry Partners, embedded, of course MoD e-mail addresses finish up outside the fence. If it's a problem, the headsheds created it.

10. Well I suppose that's your excuse and you are sticking to it;)

11. Apparently the teeth of a leopard seal can harbour rotting bits of flesh from its prey; this can cause a disease akin to syphilis. Like others, I mused on the relationship-breaking potential of a Falklands posting - "Honestly, love, I was bitten by a seal....."