Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

9 months later

Jack decided to go fishing with his buddy Bob They loaded up in Jack's motor and headed north.

After driving for a few hours, they got caught in a terrible blizzard.

They pulled into a nearby farm and asked the attractive lady who answered the door if they could spend the night.

"I realize it's terrible weather out there and I have this huge house all to myself, but I'm recently widowed," she explained. "I’m afraid neighbours will talk if I let you stay in my house."

"Don't worry," Jack said. "We'll be happy to sleep in the barn.
And if the weather breaks, we'll be gone at first light."

The lady agreed, and the two men found their way to the barn and settled in for the night. Come morning, the weather had cleared, and they got on their way. They enjoyed a great weekend of fishing.

About nine months later, Jack got an unexpected letter from a solicitor.
It took him a few minutes to figure it out, but he finally determined that it was from the solicitor of that attractive widow he had met on the fishing weekend.

He dropped in on his friend Bob and asked, "Bob, do you remember that good-looking widow from the farm we stayed at on our fishing holiday up North?"

"Yes, I do."

"Did you happen to get up in the middle of the night, go up to the house, and pay her a visit?"

"Yes," Bob said, a little embarrassed about being found out. "I have to admit that I did."

"And did you happen to use my name instead of telling her your name?"

Bob's face turned red and he said, "Yeah, sorry, buddy... I’m afraid I did. Why do you ask?"
"She just died and left me everything."
:roll:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sumo 9 months later Diamond Lil's 1
MoD_RSS Government extends extra welfare support for self-employed for further six months MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Scottish Labour Market Statistics for three months to August 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Work starts 6 months ahead of schedule on £51 million A19 upgrade MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Expired driving licences automatically extended by 11 months MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Over two-thirds of under-10-metre fishing vessel owners register for the MMO Catch App in first 6 months MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ban on evictions extended by 2 months to further protect renters MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Vaccines Manufacturing and Innovation Centre to open 12 months ahead of schedule MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Britain’s biggest road project opens to traffic eight months early MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Driving tests and MOTs for heavy vehicles suspended for up to 3 months to help tackle spread of coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Coarse fishing on rivers is off limits for three months MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Sir Brendan Barber's term as Chair of Acas extended by 6 months MoD News 0
S Failed AIB - 12 months wait to retry Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 19
soleil Refinery 29: "Money Diary - A Submariner On £43k In Her Last Week On Shore For Months" Submariners 17
MoD_RSS News story: 'My Activity Passport' downloaded 42,000 times in four months MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Appeal decisions could be cut by 5 months MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Ideas Mean Business: young innovators enjoy success 6 months on MoD News 0
T The Recruitment Process - my experience so far... (4 months since applying) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
E Starting a new relationship months before starting training. Joining the Royal Navy 17
C Can I be deployed within 3 months of my TX date? The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 29
J I will be split from my partner and 2 year old for 5-8 months Nearest & Dearest 52
C First Months pay Finance & Pensions 2
MoD_RSS News story: New RAF intelligence aircraft arrives in UK seven months early MoD News 0
Sgt Jobsearch Maintenance Manager (FTC 6 Months) - Northumberland - £Competitive The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
MoD_RSS News story: New RAF intelligence aircraft to be delivered seven months early MoD News 0
Sgt Jobsearch Integrated Management System Trainer (9 Months) - Lancashire - £32,000 Pro Rata The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
T Crowsnet project will come 18 months earlier The Fleet Air Arm 2
R failing AIB and being asked back in 12 months but age critical for my branch Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
Dealwithit What was your first 4 months like? RFA 1
FunkyJunky What entitlement to be shore side within last 12 months? The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 15
S MoD: Stirling to host UK Armed Forces Day three months before indyref Current Affairs 3
O 12 months notice Finance & Pensions 3
soleil BBC: "HMS Tireless Returns To Plymouth Base After 10 Months" Submariners 19
S Updates at 12 months Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
burnsy85 PJFT - 12 months past? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
Hermes_R12 Storing a car 4 - 6 months ? Motoring 29
G SIX MONTHS to crack! The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 8
soleil NWE Mail: BAE Makes £1.1bn In First Six Months Of This Year Submariners 0
soleil Guardian: "Life On Trident: 3 Months Under The Waves" Submariners 0
X.R.D First phys in 18 months Sports and Adventure Training 6
TheRowan All TA non-deployment training cancelled for six months Current Affairs 19
Passed-over_Loggie Eighteen Months Sentence; or ‘Ear and a Half? The Quarterdeck 6
SkullFuct Ingrown toe nails - Raleigh in 2 months Health & Fitness 20
O ILS Engineer - Hook. 6 Months The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Patrick Re-interview 6 months Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 32
J 2 Months to train. Health & Fitness 37
roberts09 I have 5 months to get in top shape. Health & Fitness 4
J 6 months or bust? Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 3
L Montrose Back after 7 months Current Affairs 6
P what should I do for the next few months before I can apply? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3