9/11 Ten years on

NotmeChief

Banned
Despite the customary bollox spouted by wise after the event politicians, I find the heroism of the emergency services, and those inside the building who stayed behind to help their fellows totally awe inspiring and not a little humbling. Would I help an old lady down the stairs, delaying my chances of survival, or would I head on down ? These blokes didn't, and should never be forgotten.

It's not heroic, they didn't know at that time the building would collapse, so just doing the job they were paid to do.

G

guestm

It's not heroic, they didn't know at that time the building would collapse, so just doing the job they were paid to do.

There were a large number of Firefighters who took a decision at a time when they knew it could come down to go back in and try again, knowing full well that it was very likely they wouldn't be walking out again.

howfen_lad

War Hero
So, the fact that the building was on fire anyway doesn't count then? The fire had no chance of spreading to where they could have potentially been when they went back in there?

Anyone who runs back into a burning building to rescue his fellow man, if he knows it is going to collapse or not, is performing a heroic act.

Agree totally..So what if someone is trained to do something? Whatever the trade, most people expect to get home alive, when that one time comes when death seems sure, it must take pure courage to save another life. Yes they did there job they were being paid to do that day, but there job was never to die. There where some heroic acts, not all fireman either.

frogman007

War Hero
So, the fact that the building was on fire anyway doesn't count then? The fire had no chance of spreading to where they could have potentially been when they went back in there?

Anyone who runs back into a burning building to rescue his fellow man, if he knows it is going to collapse or not, is performing a heroic act.

Here here. NMC pretty pathetic comment.

=======================================================================

=======================================================================

NMC?

The evidence:

P2160523.JPG

There should be more holes but sometimes he misses.

NotmeChief

Banned

It's what they are trained to do, that is their job, they enter burning building and rescue people that is why they are called 'Fire and Rescue' and the people called 'Firemen' doh numbnuts.

NotmeChief

Banned
There were a large number of Firefighters who took a decision at a time when they knew it could come down to go back in and try again, knowing full well that it was very likely they wouldn't be walking out again.

Of course, silly me, you were there at the time, they said to you 'goodbye mlp I'm going in and probably wont be coming out'. What bollox.

You would go into a blazing AMS to save a college not thinking that, if anything passed through your mind it wouldn't be about not getting out, it would be 'I've got get him, I've got to get him'.

Last edited:

NotmeChief

Banned
Worst comment I have read by far. Yes it's their job but by far they went way beyond what there pay cheque required of them.

Nothing but respect for them - all of them.

I haven't said anything about not having respect or admiration for them, of course I have, but lets not talk bullshit.

TrialsLife

Lantern Swinger
It's what they are trained to do, that is their job, they enter burning building and rescue people that is why they are called 'Fire and Rescue' and the people called 'Firemen' doh numbnuts.

Of course, silly me, you were there at the time, they said to you 'goodbye mlp I'm going in and probably wont be coming out'. What bollox.

You would go into a blazing AMS to save a college not thinking that, if anything passed through your mind it wouldn't be about not getting out, it would be 'I've got get him, I've got to get him'.

I haven't said anything about not having respect or admiration for them, of course I have, but lets not talk bullshit.

Can you try and learn how to multi quote you tit? Its annoying enough having to read your posts without the triple postings.

A firemans job, is to perform his/her work whilst minimizing the risks to themselves. If they choose to go into a building, where the risk is sky high, knowing that they might not come back it is a heroic act. Their job is to save lives, they're no good to anybody if their dead!

Latest Threads