84 year owd Matelot Grandad

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by Beowulf, Apr 20, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What do you buy him for a prezzie?
  2. A bottle of Pussers Rum!!!
  3. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

Try this site: http://www.nauticalia.com/

Loads of good stuff, my wife bought me the Pussers Rum decanter for Christmas, 15 year Old pussers, lovely................... and I've just seen the price 8O 8O
  4. Lambs?
  5. chieftiff

Pussers, its the best, either go to the link I put up or google pussers rum you may find it cheaper somewhere else :wink:
  6. Pukka, cheers Chief!

All the best,

7. 15yo Pussers is lovely stuff. I also nearly has a heart attack when I bought a bottle!
  8. chieftiff

I think it's like me expensive but worth it! NO STEVE :lol:
  9. Naked photos of Vera Lynne and a post card from scappa flow :lol:
  10. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

I think the Chieftiff's got it right for Grandad's pressie mate. Nauticalia is a tadge expensive, but there's some good tat for ex-matelots. (Think he's just trapped AaC for his trouble, too)
  11. For your info chaps, if you know someone who has a Bookers Cash & Carry card, real Pussers rum can be obtained for £18.59 a bottle inc VAT. Usually about £ 23/4 a bottle.
    PM me for a back door :wink:
  12. How about Woods rum,thats ok?
  13. chieftiff

Of all the bog standard off the shelf rum you can buy, I personally think you can't beat Cockspur at 43% proof (Woods is 40%, too sweet for my taste but quite mellow) Cockspur is also very mellow and just sweet enough. The 15 year old Oak aged Pussers is by far the best of the more speciality rums, 47.5% proof too, mind you it should be at the price 8O
  14. Correct me if I am wrong but at 57% I would say Woods is the stronger Chief ??
  15. chieftiff

What are you doing to it, adding yeast and sugar then storing it for a while :lol: No you are right, I have just checked, I was looking at a bottle of Lambs :?
  16. Woods was always considered to be an acceptable substitute for the 'real thing',especially before the Pussers became available, and you would find in in almost every senior rates mess in the 70s.
  17. The nearest civvy substitue would be Captain Morgans Blue label IMNSHO
  18. What about a good old RN tie? The old boys seem to like all that.....
  19. Went down to the Nauticalia shop in Lymington, the fella there didn't have any Pussers rum unfortunately due to the fact he didn't have a license, doh!

So I got me Grandad two brass 'tots' each with 'GI 1/2 LL' on the side. He was over the moon with this and after the pub lunch we had a couple of tots and some fruit cake back at his.

Very nice indeed and thanks for letting on about Nauticalia. I have ordered a bottle online for next time I am down on the coast!