80's cooking marvel...

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by wet_blobby, Jan 4, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

The Breville....

Watching a programme on telly and it got me thinking, what was the best filling for your breville toastie,

Was it cheese and ham (bread buttered on the outside) then when cooked bite the corner of your little triangle of heaven off and shovel in branston pickle

Was it a tin of chicken supreme whacked between the bread then slapped in the breville?

Any recipes out there that I've missed out on?
  2. Try cheese and baked beans.Plain jam for those gobby friends your kids bring home, its like fcukin napalm :evil:
  3. You Bumder, 'Ultimate Farce' is on Prime! :D
    I liked his Blue Nun fizzed in a Soda Stream Vs Champagne challange. Proved that most City workers are totally tasteless cnuts with too much money (Other peoples usually.).
    Went a bit upmarket once and had a stilton and Parma ham on rye, prefer a bit of cheddar and plain old ham on Mothers Pride with the old Branston already in for the authentic "Where the Fcuks the roof of my mouth gone." feeling.
  4. wet_blobby

I must admit I'm a fan of the Scottish bread that comes in the waxy paper wrapping.....might be mothers pride....never had it in a breville though.
  5. Tuna mayo, green peppers, red onion and cheese. Mmm, Breville heaven (but a nightmare to clean). I'm hungry now having read this thread.
  6. Arriving back in the SRC mess one morning after a cheese and wine night, me and Vinnie needed some scran. The Breville was there, along with plenty of bread, but the only cheese left was Danish Blue.

Now I'm partial to a nice bit of blue cheese, but that was the worst thing I have tasted (and I have had OX30, Diesel, human faecal matter, and Irn Bru in my mouth , though not intentionally).
  7. Bacon cheese and tomato, lightly dusted with Indian curry powder.
    Yummy. :roll:
  8. If you ain't got a breville, but you do have one of those George Foreman fuck off the fat grill thingy scrinson's you can use that, they turn out the same.
    Remember you heard this top tip first on Fanny Rumrat's cooking showcase.
  9. wet_blobby

The missus told me the same thing about an hour ago RR, apparantly you can move the griddle thing so it's level.... every days a school day eh.

If you cant I'm just going to rest the front legs on a book or something to level it out, I've got the munchies thinking about what to whack in my toastie.. :)
  10. Just mind the fingers eh Blobs the fuggin thing gets red hot.
  11. Right inspired by Blobby, and believing my own Fanny Rumrat bullsh1te, I was silly enough to try a toasted sandwich.
    I introduced to backwards buttered bread the following ingredients.

Cheddar cheese thinly sliced,
    Corned Beef thinly sliced,
    Onion strong thinly sliced.

After extracting the offering from the contraption, ( it looked extremely appetizing).
    It was here that all semblance to tasteful food and culinary delight ended, and the sh1t factor stepped in.
    Basically it was fuckin rank, greasy, tastes of a mixture between farm yard and cow shed floor were strongly present and rancid vegetable was predominant through out.
    If I stop spewing by tonight I may have gotten over the urge to emigrate to New Zealand, track down and assassinate WB with a roadside bomb on an isolated timber trail.
    Easily led did I say, I must ask the bastards to call for me, mutter, mutter, mutter.
  12. Try the Glasgow heart attack version.
    2 x mars bars and a spoonful of condensed milk.

Actually Rummers perhaps you had best not try this one.
  13. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

Good cheddar and finely diced onion was my classic Breville filling, alternatively cheddar and Branston and cheddar and ham.
  14. If you don't have a Breville, you can use a George Foreman grill which has pretty much the same effect. In fact come to think of it, you could probably cook a steak on a Breville too.

I like muffins with cheddar and Marmite.
  15. Did you not read the thread before posting.
    Stand in the corner. :)
  16. :oops:

Sorry, I'm still drunk from New Years eve.

Great minds and all that.
  17. Well I sure hope your mind don't run on the same lines as what to cook in it as mine.
    Fuckin disgusting and rat sh1t would be more appetizing. Especially mine. :D
  18. I misread the title. I thought it was these

cooking this

19. And if you dont have a breville or a George Foreman use a ridged non stick griddle pan and weight the sandwich down with another pan or even better for you old cnuts use an old fashioned jaffle iron in the fire.
  20. Jaffle iron???
    Is that Irish or am I just too young to know?? 8O :roll: