801 Sea Harrier Senior Rates Reunion

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by Joint_Force_Harrier, Feb 7, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

I suppose I should make this jumper tucker reunion a sticky, I was on 801 when you were still at school by the way :dwarf:

And I agree Petal's head is enormous :thumright:

2. i've seen several of your math based replies/quotes - perhaps you can give us some scientific guidance

3. chieftiff

Hello Stu :thumright:

4. As an ex senior rate of the Buccaneer time I would question as to why only senior rates at the function. Many junior rates would have spent several years on Sea Harriers and now years later would possibly like to attend a reunion.
    The Fleet Air Arm Buccaneer Association is open to all who served on Buccaneers and the Squadrons. so it includes handlers, cooks and stewards and stores bashers, all who played their part in keeping the aircraft flying (well perhaps the stewards weren't really needed).

5. ahoy

6. bye the way who on earth died and made you mod for th ewhole fleet air arm - arent we getting above ourselves a bit,

as i remember you were only a just sat supervisor :newb:

love you really :thumright:

7. i await more enlightened people to correct me - but youve to draw the line somewhere. you normally pisss up with your own peers so this was the next step.

also if we didnt limit we'ed have the lurrrvely orficers joining in and spoiling the fun.

8. Know what you mean Shag. However what I found was that many of those ex junior rates have done extremely well since leaving the RN and are now your peers, or in some cases maybe even your boss. :dwarf:
    As for the hoccifers they seem a lot easier to get on with once they have left the service and found that they do not get the same lifestyle in the real world as they did in the bunhouse.

9. couldnt agree more - had a wren (not as you are thinking) that was bloody useless, left the mob after a couple of days intensive tin-bashing instruction and walked into a bloody good job at westlands overseeing tinbashing

10. chieftiff

And to think I taught you everything I know...... and then you taught it to everyone else, it's no wonder we saw the demise of the Shar!

Not even a supervisor now, my new employers have chosen the title "Project Manager" and printed it on all my business cards! :thanks:

11. sorry, but LH taught me ( well beat it into me )

what are you doing up at the dark side - see the light

12. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Gosh, Here's a thought.....much as I respect our Harrier chappies, is there really a single venue that can accommodate a meeting of the SHAR pilots' ego?

(Apart from the O2 dome jobby)

13. chieftiff

O2 thingy is only big enough for a single ego, it would have to be an open air affair!

14. AHHH yes petal. 'He has a heaaaaaddd like a satellite dish' :afro:

holding his handy ref numbers book to ransom on ocean slave. Oh that shit deployment we had to amuse ourselves somehow :thumright: 1Lima/1bravo chuckling for days. :w00t:

15. shippers that not the worst bit - after refusing to cough up the crate of gopher - tight c8nt i know, i made another this time eliminating all my initail mistakes only for my "to be " missus give it a 40 degree clean.

she then blames ME for not emptying my pockets and if i want to bring all th books home with me she knock me out another one.

threw a copy of JAPS nicked from Nick Woods office - only to have her quizzing me on my lack of knowledge on the fleets welding policy. bless er

16. Does anyone know what the rig is for saturday -

i dont want to turn looking like Boucher - all ponced up

but then i dont want to look like Johnson - a yeovil binbag rating

17. well its the day after the night before - unless anyone else can better it - the endearing image for me will be watching a Chief pinkie (and AIB passed orificer) trying to snort a line of brown sauce through a rolled up £20.

that and "the head eyeballing vodka.