800 Squadron FRS1/FA2

i/cflyingcircus

Midshipman
DingDong said:
Gents, whether you think this appropriate for this thread or not, i have just finished at the staff college, and the crabs are more than pissed at us.

They are doing their damndest to put forward that the CVF has no use because they can fly to any part of the world and have host nation support. More to the point they are seriously worried that people are going to realise that they have no relevance in the modern world because they know that we can go pretty much anywhere in international waters.

Be careful. In any dealings you have with them. Always sell the Royal Navy as hard as you can in any circumstance. Its time we paid those single minded twats a lesson once and for all.
Well said DingDong... Fixed Wing Junglies make it so!

Funny how we only hear of "RN and RAF pilots" doing a good job in 'stan now, as opposed to 800 NAS. I know there is a mix ,but we are the majority shareholder.
 

fido

MIA
DingDong said:
Gents, whether you think this appropriate for this thread or not, i have just finished at the staff college, and the crabs are more than pissed at us.

They are doing their damndest to put forward that the CVF has no use because they can fly to any part of the world and have host nation support. More to the point they are seriously worried that people are going to realise that they have no relevance in the modern world because they know that we can go pretty much anywhere in international waters.

Be careful. In any dealings you have with them. Always sell the Royal Navy as hard as you can in any circumstance. Its time we paid those single minded twats a lesson once and for all.
DingDong, you comment is accurate and spot on - intelligence has it that no less a person than the Chief of the Air Staff has effectively declared war on the RN and intends to retaliate against what he sees as unreasonable cuts in the RAF and lesser treatment to the RN. The RAF got away with blue murder for many years when defence cuts were made and you are right to say that it is time to speak our positively about our service whether it be Trident, General Service or FAA - we have the capability and will to deliver the goods world wide - far beyond the reach of the RAF Family Support and Welfare Service!
 

fido

MIA
avoiding_action said:
DingDong said:
Gents, whether you think this appropriate for this thread or not, i have just finished at the staff college, and the crabs are more than pissed at us.

They are doing their damndest to put forward that the CVF has no use because they can fly to any part of the world and have host nation support. More to the point they are seriously worried that people are going to realise that they have no relevance in the modern world because they know that we can go pretty much anywhere in international waters.

Be careful. In any dealings you have with them. Always sell the Royal Navy as hard as you can in any circumstance. Its time we paid those single minded twats a lesson once and for all.
That's what they said and managed to scrap CVA in the 70’s.



After 1982 I think even the Politicians are not that gullible now!

Or am I the gullible one now??????????????
I wouldn't lay any bets on politicians not being that gullible now. Witness UK involvement in Afghanistan and Iraq!
 
thats the irony though - hasbto do station weeklies but never in the guard as they ditch the shortest and tallest due to the vast amount of manpower that they have available.
 

noemis

Lantern Swinger
fido said:
RNFLUNKY said:
Join a proper squadron - 814 M. Also a proper air station
Geddout of here. Proper squadrons are fixed wing!
If that's so, why aren't you in the sunny East Midlands? Harriers fly over my house every weekday, though not today whilst I'm still at work?

Hang on, shouldn' you speak to Bisley about the RNR?
 

Grubber

Lantern Swinger
fido said:
RNFLUNKY said:
Join a proper squadron - 814 M. Also a proper air station
Geddout of here. Proper squadrons are fixed wing!
Would agree with RNFLUNKY there, I've done FA2, Merlin (CVS & frigate), and recently a stint on Lynx. My preferences as follows:

1) Lynx/Small ship
2) Merlin/Carrier ASW Squadron
3) Any other anonymous dog poo squadron






10) Harrier

Any Questions? :D
 

chieftiff

War Hero
Moderator
I know where you are coming from there grubber!

We have lost a lot of people who couldn't hack the work rate over the years. :wink:
 

avoiding_action

Lantern Swinger
Remembering the "Naval Fighter Squadron" signs everywhere and the MK2 Ford Cortina sprayed in Sea Harrier Grey with roudels (late 1980's).............
It's no wonder they got a reputation as 'Merchant Bankers'
 

fido

MIA
noemis said:
fido said:
RNFLUNKY said:
Join a proper squadron - 814 M. Also a proper air station
Geddout of here. Proper squadrons are fixed wing!
If that's so, why aren't you in the sunny East Midlands? Harriers fly over my house every weekday, though not today whilst I'm still at work?

Hang on, shouldn' you speak to Bisley about the RNR?
Because, Dear noemis, I've done my time (37 years) and am on the retired list but still working (just) for MoD(N) :D
 
fido said:
noemis said:
fido said:
RNFLUNKY said:
Join a proper squadron - 814 M. Also a proper air station
Geddout of here. Proper squadrons are fixed wing!
If that's so, why aren't you in the sunny East Midlands? Harriers fly over my house every weekday, though not today whilst I'm still at work?

Hang on, shouldn' you speak to Bisley about the RNR?
Because, Dear noemis, I've done my time (37 years) and am on the retired list but still working (just) for MoD(N) D
AT LEAST THE HARRIERS ARE NOW FLYING - GOD BLESS EM- WHEN WE WERE REAL HARRIER SQUADRONS WE WERE FOREVER CHANGING THE BLOODY ENGINE BECASUE THE BELL-ENDS AT ROLLS ROYCE DECIDED TO F**K AROUND WITH THE LP1 SNUBBERS AND AFTER THAT ANYTHING HARDER THAN A ROTARY WING **** SOCK DOWN THE ECU SCREWED IT OVER.

REMEMBER ITS NOT AN ENGINE TURNING OVER - ITS THE SOUND OF FREEDOM
 

fido

MIA
shag_shacker said:
fido said:
noemis said:
fido said:
RNFLUNKY said:
Join a proper squadron - 814 M. Also a proper air station
Geddout of here. Proper squadrons are fixed wing!
If that's so, why aren't you in the sunny East Midlands? Harriers fly over my house every weekday, though not today whilst I'm still at work?

Hang on, shouldn' you speak to Bisley about the RNR?
Because, Dear noemis, I've done my time (37 years) and am on the retired list but still working (just) for MoD(N) D
AT LEAST THE HARRIERS ARE NOW FLYING - GOD BLESS EM- WHEN WE WERE REAL HARRIER SQUADRONS WE WERE FOREVER CHANGING THE BLOODY ENGINE BECASUE THE BELL-ENDS AT ROLLS ROYCE DECIDED TO F**K AROUND WITH THE LP1 SNUBBERS AND AFTER THAT ANYTHING HARDER THAN A ROTARY WING **** SOCK DOWN THE ECU SCREWED IT OVER.

REMEMBER ITS NOT AN ENGINE TURNING OVER - ITS THE SOUND OF FREEDOM
Nothing changes - in the early seventies, we were continually taking serviceable Spey engines out of unserviceable airframe Phantoms and swapping them with unserviceble engines to at least keep some aircraft flying.
 

slim

War Hero
fido said:
shag_shacker said:
fido said:
noemis said:
fido said:
RNFLUNKY said:
Join a proper squadron - 814 M. Also a proper air station
Geddout of here. Proper squadrons are fixed wing!
If that's so, why aren't you in the sunny East Midlands? Harriers fly over my house every weekday, though not today whilst I'm still at work?

Hang on, shouldn' you speak to Bisley about the RNR?
Because, Dear noemis, I've done my time (37 years) and am on the retired list but still working (just) for MoD(N) D
AT LEAST THE HARRIERS ARE NOW FLYING - GOD BLESS EM- WHEN WE WERE REAL HARRIER SQUADRONS WE WERE FOREVER CHANGING THE BLOODY ENGINE BECASUE THE BELL-ENDS AT ROLLS ROYCE DECIDED TO F**K AROUND WITH THE LP1 SNUBBERS AND AFTER THAT ANYTHING HARDER THAN A ROTARY WING **** SOCK DOWN THE ECU SCREWED IT OVER.

REMEMBER ITS NOT AN ENGINE TURNING OVER - ITS THE SOUND OF FREEDOM
Nothing changes - in the early seventies, we were continually taking serviceable Spey engines out of unserviceable airframe Phantoms and swapping them with unserviceble engines to at least keep some aircraft flying.
Did the same with the Buccaneers if you remember Fido.
Then some boffin came up with the idea of squirting WD40 into the intakes at engine shutdown. Instant cure.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS UK Government supports nearly 800,000 jobs across Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Shropshire farmer fined £800 for dumping illegal waste MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More than 800 miles of roadworks completed or lifted in time for Christmas MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Investment boss banned after misappropriating client's £800,000 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Lord Ahmad pledges £800,000 for women’s peacebuilding MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Illegal fishing costs 3 men more than £1,800 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Fishing trip nets Gloucester man with over £800 fines and costs MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: £800 million agreed for defence MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Defence Secretary announces £800 million innovation initiative MoD News 0
Sgt Jobsearch Plant Fitter - Diss - £22,800 + benefits The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch Mechanical Fitter - Heanor - £22,800 basic, OTE £40,000 salary The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch Workshop Engineer - UK - £20,800 - £22,800 + benefits The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch Maintenance Engineer (Multi-Skilled) - West Yorkshire - £20,800 - £24,960 The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch Fork Lift Truck Engineer - East Yorkshie - £20,800 - £21,840 DOE The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch Heavy Plant Fitter - Coalville - £20,800 - £27,040 DOE The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
MoD_RSS "MOD Awards £800 Million Submarine Propulsion Contract" Submariners 8
DemobJob Full-Time Clerk to the Council - Surrey - £32,800 - £43,721 The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Jimmy_Green 800 GURKHAS FACE THE AXE Current Affairs 10
B Pet chicken's £1,800 leg amputation The Gash Barge 6
C 800 NAS Help needed The Fleet Air Arm 4
bitter_and_twisted Will 800 and 801 split? The Fleet Air Arm 6
Not_a_boffin 800, 800 Wherefore art thou 800? The Fleet Air Arm 51
D 801(FF) Squadron and the Battle of Britain???? History 40
MoD_RSS UK-Qatari Typhoons take off as joint squadron MoD News 0
soleil FB: RNAS Culdrose: "820 Naval Air Squadron Training In The Mist" The Fleet Air Arm 1
soleil Tw: HMS Cattistock M31 - Second Mine Countermeasures Squadron - Standing NATO Mine Countermeasures Group 1 The Fleet 0
C Last time a squadron of ships sailed together apart from the Dartmouth Training Squadron in the 1960's Miscellaneous 7
MoD_RSS Second Lightning fighter jet squadron arrives in UK MoD News 0
C 809 Squadron The Fleet Air Arm 2
MoD_RSS News story: Fourth Quick Reaction Alert Squadron for RAF Lossiemouth MoD News 0
K Fishery protection squadron The Fleet 8
MoD_RSS News story: Joint UK-Qatari Typhoon squadron stands up as defence relationship deepens MoD News 0
soleil RAF: "Four Lightning jets of 617 Squadron Are Currently Refuelling Off The Coast Of Canada On Their Way To The UK & Their New Home Of RAF Marham." The Fleet Air Arm 5
MoD_RSS News story: RAF’s legendary Dambusters squadron reforms to fly F-35 jets MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Defence Minister reveals new RAF Squadron at Qatar event MoD News 0
onions 8th Submarine Squadron Submariners 4
MichaelBully1 Live Bait Squadron Society - latest bulletin /link to documentary History 0
M 806 squadron with a RAF exchange Pilot The Fleet Air Arm 7
jannerpig88 Inshore training squadron ? The Fleet 15
burnleymitchy engineering training squadron Bases / Shore Est 6
BillyNoMates 438 Tactical Helicopter Squadron (Canada) The Fleet Air Arm 3
janner SM2 SUNSHINE SQUADRON REUNION Submariners 0
soleil Mail: "The Return Of Britain's 'Top Guns': Royal Navy Recommissions Training Squadron The Fleet Air Arm 11
C Gibraltar squadron? Current Affairs 2
soleil Mail: "The Helicopter Squadron That Saves 300 Lives A Year" The Fleet Air Arm 10
Goatman_Blue Hong Kong Squadron - heroin ? Current Affairs 0
soleil Navy News: "Proud To A P – Force Protection Squadron Parades For The Last Time" The Fleet 20
T Fleet Air Arm pilot in exchange with RAF Typhoon Squadron The Fleet Air Arm 30
scouse 617 squadron F35s The Fleet Air Arm 27
P How to get selected for the Gibraltar squadron? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
Similar threads


















































Top