800 Squadron FRS1/FA2

i/cflyingcircus

Midshipman
DingDong said:
Gents, whether you think this appropriate for this thread or not, i have just finished at the staff college, and the crabs are more than pissed at us.

They are doing their damndest to put forward that the CVF has no use because they can fly to any part of the world and have host nation support. More to the point they are seriously worried that people are going to realise that they have no relevance in the modern world because they know that we can go pretty much anywhere in international waters.

Be careful. In any dealings you have with them. Always sell the Royal Navy as hard as you can in any circumstance. Its time we paid those single minded twats a lesson once and for all.
Well said DingDong... Fixed Wing Junglies make it so!

Funny how we only hear of "RN and RAF pilots" doing a good job in 'stan now, as opposed to 800 NAS. I know there is a mix ,but we are the majority shareholder.

fido

MIA
DingDong said:
Gents, whether you think this appropriate for this thread or not, i have just finished at the staff college, and the crabs are more than pissed at us.

They are doing their damndest to put forward that the CVF has no use because they can fly to any part of the world and have host nation support. More to the point they are seriously worried that people are going to realise that they have no relevance in the modern world because they know that we can go pretty much anywhere in international waters.

Be careful. In any dealings you have with them. Always sell the Royal Navy as hard as you can in any circumstance. Its time we paid those single minded twats a lesson once and for all.
DingDong, you comment is accurate and spot on - intelligence has it that no less a person than the Chief of the Air Staff has effectively declared war on the RN and intends to retaliate against what he sees as unreasonable cuts in the RAF and lesser treatment to the RN. The RAF got away with blue murder for many years when defence cuts were made and you are right to say that it is time to speak our positively about our service whether it be Trident, General Service or FAA - we have the capability and will to deliver the goods world wide - far beyond the reach of the RAF Family Support and Welfare Service!

fido

MIA
avoiding_action said:
DingDong said:

That's what they said and managed to scrap CVA in the 70’s.

After 1982 I think even the Politicians are not that gullible now!

Or am I the gullible one now??????????????
I wouldn't lay any bets on politicians not being that gullible now. Witness UK involvement in Afghanistan and Iraq!

thats the irony though - hasbto do station weeklies but never in the guard as they ditch the shortest and tallest due to the vast amount of manpower that they have available.

noemis

Lantern Swinger
fido said:
RNFLUNKY said:
Join a proper squadron - 814 M. Also a proper air station
Geddout of here. Proper squadrons are fixed wing!
If that's so, why aren't you in the sunny East Midlands? Harriers fly over my house every weekday, though not today whilst I'm still at work?

Hang on, shouldn' you speak to Bisley about the RNR?

Grubber

Lantern Swinger
fido said:
RNFLUNKY said:
Would agree with RNFLUNKY there, I've done FA2, Merlin (CVS & frigate), and recently a stint on Lynx. My preferences as follows:

1) Lynx/Small ship
2) Merlin/Carrier ASW Squadron
3) Any other anonymous dog poo squadron

10) Harrier

Any Questions? :D

chieftiff

War Hero
I know where you are coming from there grubber!

We have lost a lot of people who couldn't hack the work rate over the years. :wink:

avoiding_action

Lantern Swinger
Remembering the "Naval Fighter Squadron" signs everywhere and the MK2 Ford Cortina sprayed in Sea Harrier Grey with roudels (late 1980's).............
It's no wonder they got a reputation as 'Merchant Bankers'

fido

MIA
noemis said:
fido said:
RNFLUNKY said:
If that's so, why aren't you in the sunny East Midlands? Harriers fly over my house every weekday, though not today whilst I'm still at work?

Because, Dear noemis, I've done my time (37 years) and am on the retired list but still working (just) for MoD(N) :D

fido said:
noemis said:
fido said:
RNFLUNKY said:

Because, Dear noemis, I've done my time (37 years) and am on the retired list but still working (just) for MoD(N) D
AT LEAST THE HARRIERS ARE NOW FLYING - GOD BLESS EM- WHEN WE WERE REAL HARRIER SQUADRONS WE WERE FOREVER CHANGING THE BLOODY ENGINE BECASUE THE BELL-ENDS AT ROLLS ROYCE DECIDED TO F**K AROUND WITH THE LP1 SNUBBERS AND AFTER THAT ANYTHING HARDER THAN A ROTARY WING **** SOCK DOWN THE ECU SCREWED IT OVER.

REMEMBER ITS NOT AN ENGINE TURNING OVER - ITS THE SOUND OF FREEDOM

fido

MIA
shag_shacker said:
fido said:
noemis said:
fido said:
RNFLUNKY said:

Because, Dear noemis, I've done my time (37 years) and am on the retired list but still working (just) for MoD(N) D
AT LEAST THE HARRIERS ARE NOW FLYING - GOD BLESS EM- WHEN WE WERE REAL HARRIER SQUADRONS WE WERE FOREVER CHANGING THE BLOODY ENGINE BECASUE THE BELL-ENDS AT ROLLS ROYCE DECIDED TO F**K AROUND WITH THE LP1 SNUBBERS AND AFTER THAT ANYTHING HARDER THAN A ROTARY WING **** SOCK DOWN THE ECU SCREWED IT OVER.

Nothing changes - in the early seventies, we were continually taking serviceable Spey engines out of unserviceable airframe Phantoms and swapping them with unserviceble engines to at least keep some aircraft flying.

slim

War Hero
fido said:
shag_shacker said:
fido said:
noemis said:
fido said:
RNFLUNKY said:

Nothing changes - in the early seventies, we were continually taking serviceable Spey engines out of unserviceable airframe Phantoms and swapping them with unserviceble engines to at least keep some aircraft flying.
Did the same with the Buccaneers if you remember Fido.
Then some boffin came up with the idea of squirting WD40 into the intakes at engine shutdown. Instant cure.

Latest Threads