800 Squadron FRS1/FA2

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by Rastanking, Jun 18, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Having served in the Andrew for 7 years and thinking of re-joining was wondering if there were any ex 800 squadron guys or girls that used to work on the FRS1 or FA2, could they let me know what it's like now on 800.

2. we're all based up north now and having lots of fun stressing out the crabs,and doing xmas stints in nland locked countries.

3. Sounds like fun, do the crabs still go on ships? How do the RAF and Navy get on together? Is there a snobbery with the RAF?

4. Sounds like fun, do the crabs still go on ships? How do the RAF and Navy get on together? Is there a snobbery with the RAF?

5. the crabs still do their stints on the grey liners, but drip about it.......
    but then again we now have to do ground based op's, living in tents and stuff in the desert, we've been turned into fixed wing junglies.
    The young lads coming through the traqining sqn are now called RGIBO, RAF guys in blue overalls, as they have been brought into a world of 5* hotels and single man cabins. They hate having to go to sea, what happened to joining up to visit forgien shores on a boat.
    most of the crabs at Cott get on with us but there are a few who loath us and are waiting for us to trip up.

6. In the late sixties I served on 360 sqdn (T17 Canberras)first at Watton and then Cottesmore and as a LAM(ae) I found the RAF great guys to work with and I was treated as a corporal engine fitter with a lot more responsibility than I had in the Navy.Of course they didn't serve at sea then. :)

7. what the F**k do you want to go on 800 for.

do you tuck your vest into your pants,

do you enjoy being laughed at by drafty.

join 801 my man and play hard work hard.

join 800 and you'll play at getting a man hard

8. Whatever happened to the 'Sea Harrier Community'? Come on shag shacker - you are falling into a Crab Trap here. All of one company, remember!

9. Don't forget in out day Fido we had a variety of aircraft, Buccaneers, Phantoms and Gannet. We used to get inter aircraft squadron rivalry. Now there's only the sea harrier it looks like the lads are reduced to just inter squadron rivalry. Remember 809 used to refer to 892 as 89spew and they referred to 809 as a bunch of tossers. All good clean harmless fun.

10. You're partly right Slim - I served in 892 and well remember being ribbed (and returning it in spades) by 809 but it's crazy when we have just two Harrier squadrons, both living in Crabland going at each other. The sidewalkers must be laughing their cocks off (if they have them that is!)

11. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

Unfortunately we don't have two Harrier Squadrons! It's now called the Naval Strike Wing (gen dit, 12 clips!) 801 may get a bit shirty at the prospect but fact is 800 NAS is doing the job whilst 801 only exists in name. I've been on both several times and hold no biase, I know 800 has always been the better unit. :lol:

12. bloody hell where is the cat-of-nine-tails

i hang my head in shame - at this very moment my wife is tattooing the 800 crest on my arse so i may enjoy "being all of one company".

really guys as a fellow chief tiff if you cant take a joke dont look at the draft chit - or is assignment order

its banter between two very rival squadrons (as you well know) who hate each other in name only, some of my best mates where/are on the other squadron. if anybody comes against us (rotary wing pukes) we stand tall together and hold our own. my brother is in the raf and in a tornado squadron and believe me the rivalry there is just as bad. i dont think we need to worry about the RAF taking over us just yet.

right fido

the tattoo is finishyed and Im off for a shit - lets hope i wipe my bullet hole and not the tattoo although im not sure where the crap part is.

finally as they say in the senior rates mess

I'd rather have a sister in a whorehouse than a brother on 800

13. Harrierking wrote
    the crabs still do their stints on the grey liners, but drip about it.......
    but then again we now have to do ground based op's, living in tents and stuff in the desert, we've been turned into fixed wing junglies.
    The young lads coming through the traqining sqn are now called RGIBO, RAF guys in blue overalls, as they have been brought into a world of 5* hotels and single man cabins. They hate having to go to sea, what happened to joining up to visit forgien shores on a boat.
    most of the crabs at Cott get on with us but there are a few who loath us and are waiting for us to trip up.

Soft zoomie b*stards
    we call our light blue bitches Crabs Under Naval Training yes and they all are.

14. my brother is 6 foot 6 and when he changed bases two civvies came and dismantled his bed, transported it to his new base where-upon they rebuilt - molly coddled fu**er.

i hope the crab under naval training gets a sea draft to a CVS and has to fit into a middle bunk.

15. 6 foot 6 he would not of lasted more than a couple of years in the RN, p*ssed off at permanently being marker on divisions he would of gone outside.

16. What about a brother in a whorehouse and a sister in 800? :lol:

17. Gents, whether you think this appropriate for this thread or not, i have just finished at the staff college, and the crabs are more than pissed at us.

They are doing their damndest to put forward that the CVF has no use because they can fly to any part of the world and have host nation support. More to the point they are seriously worried that people are going to realise that they have no relevance in the modern world because they know that we can go pretty much anywhere in international waters.

Be careful. In any dealings you have with them. Always sell the Royal Navy as hard as you can in any circumstance. Its time we paid those single minded twats a lesson once and for all.

18. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

Hmmmmm! no comment!

19. as an ex 800 now in crab world (not cott/whit) I fully agree with the ANR the crabs are finally realising that there is no need for them and are panicking big time.

20. That's what they said and managed to scrap CVA in the 70’s.

After 1982 I think even the Politicians are not that gullible now!

Or am I the gullible one now??????????????