800 NAS Help needed

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by canuck_sapper, Apr 27, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all,

I've 'cross-decked' over from ARRSE to see if I could ask a favour of our senior service friends.

I'm in the Royal Engineers, and was one of the poor bastards who built Panther Ramp at Kandahar Airfield in 2005, and returned in 2006 to build, load test and commission the ETP in October 2006, when 800 NAS was there (or so I believe).

Now, I was present at the first engine test run on the pad, and one of the naval types videoed the procedure. Now that I'm leaving the army, I wouldn't mind that video, as a bit of a souvenir 'see what grandpa built'! I was later informed that it was posted on the net somewheres, but I've had no luck finding it!

If anyone does know where it is, or perhaps has a copy they could A)e-mail, B) burn to disk and send to me, I'd be most grateful, and obviously if there were any costs involved I'd meet them!

Of course, if it is in any way sensitive (ie OPSEC) I'll forget about it.

Many thanks in advance!

2. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

Welcome mate, PM flynavy the moderator of this forum, he wasn't there but I guarantee he knows or can easily fiind out who has a copy of the video :wink:

Is this the tie down facility you refer to? http://www.800nas.org.uk/IMG_5733.JPG
  3. mate, that's the one!! and if I'm not correct, I'm just off picture to the right!! many thanks for the help, will PM flynavy fortwith

4. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

No problem, I would say that with the pic on 800's site there are no persec/ opsec issues, well done by the way, good job. :)
  5. Working at Panther at the moment in Very Sunny Kandahar. Just to let you know the pan is fine and working well. Covered in bloody camel spiders though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!