8 or 9 weeks??!!

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Toast, Oct 13, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey, ive heard raleigh is gone up to 9 weeks!,(HMS raleigh)
    Because i havent been in contact with my AFCO for a while beacuse im playing "the waiting game" so just wanted the lowdown!

2. Yea, it's nine weeks long now. Basically an extra week has been added to the beginning of training for medicals, fitness tests, etc.

When you go to your pre-bried they should fill you in but there's not much to say really.
  3. kk cheers mate
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

You could easily be forgiven for not being aware that RN Phase One training has been extended to nine weeks, to incorporate Basic Skills training from the first intake in September 2007.

As you can see from the above link it would seem than there's no-one maintaining the RN website that appears to have the basic skills required to update the site despite the very large sums of money being paid to a civilian company to do just that.
  5. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

Do you think they have any jobs mate? I can maintain anything with little skill for large amounts of money! :dwarf:
  6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

I've already suggested that someone is employed on a full time basis to maintain the site & that the official RN site & the RM site has an interactive Q & A forum.

At present it, on average 6 weeks to correct a factual error. Frankly I could do a better job on an occasional basis than the site manages currently.

From an "information seekers" perspective any site that is incorrect or out of date is worthless - hence the reason most enquirers visit RR in the hope of getting a fairly swift & vaguely accurate, albeit unofficial, answer to their specific questions, rather than trawling through loads of out of date FAQs.