Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

771 NAS - Ace of Clubs

Why does 771 have an Ace of Clubs on their cabs? Can't find much reference to the history of it via Google and the RN page just states that it does, just not the reason.

Anyone?

I believe that way back in the day several squadrons had Ace of Clubs, Ace of Diamonds, etc.. and only 771 still maintains that (perhpas the other squadrons have been disbanded). That's what I was told when I was there (I asked), and if you check out the RNHF pages http://www.royalnavyhistoricflight.org.uk/home.htm , pictures of their Sea Hawk (806 NAS - Ace of Diamonds) tends to bear that story out! Also, 771 tend to make quite a big deal out of it as their squadron identifier so it's higher profile.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
trelawney126 771 NAS Rescue Family of Body Boarders The Fleet Air Arm 1
trelawney126 771 NAS Rescue Fishermen off Coast of Scilly Isles The Fleet Air Arm 9
Seadog 771 NAS Rescue MSC NAPOLI's Ship's Company (18/1/07) Current Affairs 24
TeddyT 771 Paramedic hit by bus on charity bicycle ride Charity 0
trelawney126 771 SAR. Going to the Dogs (rescue) The Fleet Air Arm 0
trelawney126 771 in GIG Rescue The Fleet Air Arm 0
soleil 771 Squadron: 300 rescues in 2009 The Fleet Air Arm 11
P 749 NAS The Fleet Air Arm 2
P Future of 736 NAS MoD News 0
C 736 nas The Fleet Air Arm 6
S NAS names The Fleet Air Arm 22
soleil Yeovil Express: "845 NAS Wins Desmond Wettern Award" The Fleet Air Arm 1
sgtpepperband 845/846 NAS "Herrick 14" Deployment Vid The Fleet Air Arm 1
JaFAA Air Experience Course, 727 NAS at RAF Leeming - 21st July Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
M NAS Culdrose help please Bases / Shore Est 13
toycommandos Anyone at NAS Culdrose that can advise? Bases / Shore Est 26
N Power Projection on NAS The Fleet Air Arm 1
C 800 NAS Help needed The Fleet Air Arm 4
soleil Portsmouth News: "Falklands Fighter Ace Calls For Cost Controls Over UK’s £9.2bn F-35 Project" The Fleet Air Arm 45
A New WW1 ebook: Manfred von Richthofen:WW1 German Flying Ace. The Book Club 0
A New ebook: The Red Baron:WW1 German Flying Ace. 100th WW1 Anniversary Edition. The Book Club 10
soleil Bolton News: "Flying Ace’s Beer Passes Taste Test!" The Fleet Air Arm 3
soleil Mail: "Grandad Bill the Falklands ace flies back to war" Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 4
bustersboy who needs ACE RIMMER...look at the royal!! Diamond Lil's 13
Gombear British WW1 Flying Ace History 1
Oil_Slick ACE! New Liebour Minister gets 64 traveller scum neigbours! Current Affairs 18