702 Sqn

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by pongo_tech, Oct 29, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, hope this is the correct forum for this but here goes. I have been offered a REME post at 702 Sqn and would appreciate any info from the Senior Service as to if it is worth accepting.
    Thanks for your help.
    PT

2. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

Welcome to the site mate (hopefully this isn't a wah from our sister site!) I've never worked on the squadron myself but if you don't mind being called a work shy Lynx faggot it's probably OK.

No doubt someone will come along and set me straight on that, or at least it may attract their attention :dwarf:

3. Go for it, you'll have great fun, try and get on as many land-aways or detatchments as you can.

4. PT, one of the previous exchange guys liked it so much he stayed. Cannot remember his 2nd name but he was always called "Polly" when at 3 BAS and then on 702.

Shaun

5. Thanks for the comments. Definately not a wah. Wanted to get opinions from those on the coal face and not just those at the Sqn who want to fill a vacant post. Any ideas what the MQs are like?

6. Gonna have to Black-Cat you on that one Timex,

Recent one on 815 loved it so much he has turned over to the blue shirt!

I think the tumble in the Lynx must have rattled his brain cells a bit, but real good bloke.

7. The MQ's are fantastic, I'm still bitter about having to move out when I was drafted to Culdrose. Never fancied Lynx myself but everyone I know who is on there loves it. They are all gay, mind.....