7 weeks away - still no confirmation letter

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by wannabeaet, Sep 6, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So I'm due to make my way to Raleigh on Sunday October 25th, and I've waited and waited, and I still haven't received a confirmation letter. Do we think this is a good time now to call the careers office and ask them, in a posh phone voice:
    "Bruv where the fvck is my letter?"
    Anyone else going down on October 25th, received their letter yet?
    Starting to think there was something in my gloomy past that came up and barred entry... if this was the case I'd probably actually cry :).
  2. There's no start date on the 25th thats when raleigh goes on it's summer leave.
  3. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Expecting a late summer this year are we?
  4. Maybe they are having Halloween leave????
  5. I think you're getting the RN muddled up with the Oirish Navy, who begin their Easter leave on 25 October! :roll:

On the issue of late arriving confirmations, I suggest you contact your local AFCO and raise it with them.
  6. I couldn't control myself...

OK OK,the main gates shut for winter leave.
  7. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

This years "walts" xmas leave dates, 14th Dec - 31st Jan.
  8. I called the careers office today :).
    I was told to fear not, my security clearance and everything else had all come through ok, and that I would get the letter next week (my careers CPO is on leave). So good news :D. I'm all excited again now, woop woop!