7 little Dockyard children

Can anyone post the lyrics to the above ditty? I first heard it being sung by a Chief on my first ship in 84. The words I can remember are:

7 little dockyard children
Sitting on the dockyard wall
Watching their daddies
Doing sweet **** all

Any further lyrics would be much appreciated.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

Cass79

Midshipman
I was in primary school in 84, but found this version on the 'tinterweb. It's not exactly word for word but might help to jog some memories?

O Look at the children, sitting on the Dockyard Wall,
Watching their fathers doing eff all.
When they grow older they will be Dockyard Mateys too,
Just like their fathers, eff all to do.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

Seaweed

War Hero
Book Reviewer
The dockyard mateys' children
Sitting on the Dockyard wall -
Just like their faaathers -
Doing fuck all.

The dockyard mateys' children
Will be dockyard mateys too -
Just like their faaathers -
Fuck all to do.

As I learned it circa 1952 -

Dockyard mateys' children
Sitting on the dockyard wall,
Watching their fathers
Doing fuck all.

When they grow older
They'll be dockyard mateys too
Just like their fathers,
Fuck all to do.

Once went down to a grot one Monday, dockyard matey was going to drill a hole through bulkhead, DM sat reading his paper, OK says I crack on, he says he's the bloke who uses a lever to apply pressure to the drill, not the bloke who does the drilling, the bloke who does the drilling hasn't arrived yet, I go away, go back next day to see job, same DM sat reading paper, no hole, the driller hasn't arrived yet, I go away, go back next day same same, when will the driller get here I ask paper reader, Thursday he says without looking up

Once went down to a grot one Monday, dockyard matey was going to drill a hole through bulkhead, DM sat reading his paper, OK says I crack on, he says he's the bloke who uses a lever to apply pressure to the drill, not the bloke who does the drilling, the bloke who does the drilling hasn't arrived yet, I go away, go back next day to see job, same DM sat reading paper, no hole, the driller hasn't arrived yet, I go away, go back next day same same, when will the driller get here I ask paper reader, Thursday he says without looking up
Rush job !

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
The_Black_Pig Blue Jokes 0
A Miscellaneous 0
The_Caretaker Blue Jokes 0