6th form scholarship expectations

PO_Tato

Midshipman
Hi - I'm a CCF Cadet and I'm in the application process for a 6th Form Scholarship. If I get this, what will I be expected to do?

Also, I know there is a ban on service personnel in the cadets, too. Will I be allowed to stay in the cadets?

Not sure on the CCF, but with the SCC, you can still be a registered instructor, but for admin reasons you will be classed as a CI. The “ban” is on us holding honorary cadet ranks to stop us holding ones higher than our real ones.

You will need a letter from your RN Commanding officer addressed to your CCF CO stating he is happy for you to wear rig while training cadets. If your on a course at a mod establishment you must book accommodation that is designated to your rank also. Other CI’s may we’ll be in the SR’s mess but if you’re an AB/ LH, you’ll be in the JR’s mess still.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PO_Tato

Midshipman
I'm a CCF Cadet going for a Warfare Officer Sixth Form scholarship, if that helps? I'd be post AIB but pre- BRNC for one year, and my Contingent are being a bit funny about it.

Just cause you’ll have done AIB, that doesn’t mean anything. As said, till you’ve signed the dotted line, you’re not in the mob. After that point you can turn up as an Officer Cadet if the Commandant of BRNC approves it.

PO_Tato

Midshipman
Thanks - we have a new Contingent Commander from the RAF Section and she's good but likes to do everything by the book :) I just want to make sure I can still do cadets!

I’m a serving sailor (Killick stores) have been in the navy for 14 years now, I’ve also been an SCC instructor for 10. Think one of my CO’s would have pointed out if I wasn’t allowed to do it.

Of note- instructors in the VCC are serving personnel and the ATC and ACC have “Service Instructors” who are pinged from their represented services.

From the Sea Cadet Corps regulations:

4.5.5 Service Personnel. In accordance with Joint Service Publication 814 and commissions publication (changed Feb 2016) serving service, reserve and university officer training corps personnel are no longer permitted to enrol as uniformed Cadet Forces Adult Volunteers. Serving service personnel enrolled as uniformed CFAV/s before Feb 2016 are not affected by the publication change. From Feb 2016 in recognition of the valuable contribution service personnel bring to the Sea Cadet experience, they are permitted to progress to CI as a “Service Helper”. This also avoids potential conflicts of rate or rank differences that uniformed CFAV membership might cause. They may wear their service uniform to Sea Cadet activities and to do so, written authorisation from their Service Commanding Officer must be obtained to wear their uniform, and this must be attached to their personnel file in Westminster.