5000 days at sea

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by tomcat24, Jan 4, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Buck is an oppo of mine, top man.
  2. 5000!!!!

jesus, great respect.
  3. I take it he's been a naughty boy somewhere along the line, no LS&GC that I can see!
  4. Or the writers haven't put his GCBs on JPA correctly to enact the automated entry of the LS&GC ;)

Secondly, whoever wrote that article and whoever proofread it needs to have serious words with themselves. How is it possible to get Naiad correct in the article and then get it wrong in the list of his ships. Also, did anyone else serve in HMS Invinsible?

In all seriousness though, top achievement!
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
  5. What? A Chief Stoker that HASN'T been naughty............winky thingy!
  6. Implication being he was the one who got caught ;)
  7. Ninja_Stoker

It was worth it.
  8. Although to be pedantic, the vast majority of his "5000" days actually came from 2/3rds of his LSSB sea drafts (and then converted into LSA days) - which may or may not have been spent at sea. I'm not complaining, because a decent wodge of my LSA came from exactly the same manner!
  9. Just to 'Black Cat' I joined up with Buck 'Taff' Rodger's June 4th 1984 Drake 22 class...........
  10. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

Even taking that into account, it seems a very high figure. Only joined 2 years before me, but has a far higher LSA total. Although I'm still in the top band, so it's only bragging rights.
  11. Some people dip in more than others.
  12. Ninja_Stoker

As a Warfare Officer, I'd guess you must have a fair few days notched up Alf...unlike MEOs & Loggies.
  13. 1400+, and I'm a sprog.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. 14 ships in 30 years? Even discounting shore time thats a lot of very short drafts lol

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Navy Net - Rum Ration mobile app
  15. Ninja_Stoker

It would take an MEO more than 16 years to clock that much.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Nice to see that the RN website can spell HMS 'Invinsible' properly.
  17. It will soon be HMS Invisible :(

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)
  18. redmonkey

redmonkey Badgeman Book Reviewer

He has been in 6 years longer than me and has double my LSA, I must be a ship dodger. I am a Wafu so that may explain it.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Navy Net - Rum Ration mobile app
  19. Not difficult, I met 22 year WAFU chiefs who'd clocked less sea time than me after 6 years as a dabber/WE.

I'm on 930 something days.