Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

50% of British servicemen want to quit

Karma said:
slim said:
The reason he was a Commodore is because he did not have the ability to make Admiral.

You're out of date again Slim, Cdre has been a substantive rank for several years.

Well bugger me backwards..............another fine tradition confined to the bin :w00t:

If 50 percent of servicemen want to go then let them, the govt will soon sit up and take stock of what is left, and pull out of Iraq/Afghan so as the rest of us can look after the fire brigade (when they go on strike)/binmen/policemen and any other public sector wimp who wants to go on strike because they dont get enough money!

clanky said:
When Jack stops dripping and threatening to put his notice in, then its time to worry!

Ah! Forever thus, Was always interesting disatations at tot time. Today two cans of "****". What time of day was said survey undertaken?

My oppo's nephew joined the Army coz he always dreamt of being a pongo. He comes back from Afganistan then goes out to deliberately fail his CDT. Straight out, no notice and he's now a happy bunny.

Personally I think he was a tawt but then I wasn't there so what do I know?
:safe:

I agree that Jack "drips" - that is the nature of the beast!

It is not only Jack who drains out though - our own crew on this present project are positively leaving puddles where ever they go and it is only due to the old fashioned management of the boss (ex- MN Chief Engineer in his late 50s) that we can keep the lid on things. But, to a certain extent this is what you expect on a project that runs late, guys who join for a two-on-three-off rota being asked to work five-on-one-off, moving onto a ship that is not complete etc. etc.

It does NOT surprise me though that people want to leave the RN just now. Everyone has access to the internet so they can see what the rewards are outside the RN - there is a shortage of trained people (you can almost write your own pay cheque just now in the offshore business for short term work) and the government seems to care very little for its forces.

Add to that the somewhat dubious moral nature of the present deployments to support the USA (I will argue the case if required) and it is no real surprise that people want to seek thier fortunes elsewhere.McC

McC

clanky said:
When Jack stops dripping and threatening to put his notice in, then its time to worry!

Not having a complete overview of the navy, I can only comment on my small corner, and I feel it has begun. I think offering every jack, jenny 2OE 15 tells a story.

witsend said:
clanky said:

Not having a complete overview of the navy, I can only comment on my small corner, and I feel it has begun. I think offering every jack, jenny 2OE 15 tells a story.

Twas quite a long 2OE signal this year!

clanky said:

In the Army it is a Privates' privilege to whinge and moan, and I suppose it is correct for all the services and ranks/rates and always has been, however this "listening" govenment should start listening to the main moans created over the past few years.

rod-gearing said:
Maxi_77 said:
slim said:
Well bugger me backwards

Is that a lesbian thing Slim

I'm trying to work that one out,isnt it a physical impossability? ^_^;

No not at all its quite simple really. An extra large penis is needed. Both parties stand facing each other pelvis against pelvis. Slide the erected chomb up between the legs and slowly insert it into the ringpiece. Buggering face to face, Hence the saying '' Bugger me backwards''.

Cannot blame them, a shelf stacker in tesco earns more than a squaddie in the front line, does what sort of message does that impart?

lukep said:
rod-gearing said:
Maxi_77 said:
slim said:
Well bugger me backwards

Is that a lesbian thing Slim

I'm trying to work that one out,isnt it a physical impossability? ^_^;

No not at all its quite simple really. An extra large penis is needed. Both parties stand facing each other pelvis against pelvis. Slide the erected chomb up between the legs and slowly insert it into the ringpiece. Buggering face to face, Hence the saying '' Bugger me backwards''.

Hmmmmm,,,,Location Bagdad, THAILAND,,,,have to take your word for that Luke.

Latest Threads