5 year bonus

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by xbubblehead, Oct 12, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am just coming up to my first 5 years and have heard rumours of a 5 year bonus based on good conduct. I have unfortunately been placed on a D.O's warning for RNFT failure, but I have never been trooped.

If the bonus does exist, have I put myself in jeopardy of not receiving it.

2. You might get a Good conduct badge ---heheh you can be a lance corporal
    then .

:nemo: :nemo:

3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Hiya Bubblehead,

Welcome to RR.

Who would you like to blame for not being fit then mate?

Top tip?

Get off your ar*e, before you join the ranks of those that have been discharged for being unfit. You will lose hundreds of thousands of pounds over the next 18+ years, let alone the bonus payment.

Sympathy? Look it up in the dictionary, Lofty.

4. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Yet! The DO's Warning for RNFT Failure is the first step on the rocky road to discharge (as Ninja_Stoker has pointed out). I assume you have been placed on a Remedial RNFT Training Package by your PT Staff? Then you will know that you have signed a declaration stating that you will conduct at least three remedial training sessions per week (in accordance with DIN 2007 02-080, which is available on the RN Intranet Website, or your PTI will provide you with a copy).

It is the responsibility of the individual to remain ‘in date’ for the RNFT. Individuals may be ordered to attend the RNFT and RT sessions by Superior Officers; a failure to attend a detailed test or a RT session will be dealt with as a disciplinary matter. Encouragement is the first progression by the Superior Officer but as a final resort a Service person will be ordered to muster at a time and venue to take the RNFT or each RT session (minimum of 3 separate daily sessions per week or, in exceptional circumstances approved by a superior officer, 12 separate daily sessions in a calendar month) under the guidance of the PT Staff.

If a Service person fails the RNFT after a full RT package and there is no medical condition underlying the failure to pass the RNFT, the Commanding Officer must consider an application for administrative discharge.

In my previous Unit I was averaging about 2 personnel per week at Summary Trial for offences relating to failure to attend their RNFT/RNFT Remedial Training.

Sorr this does not answer your '5-year bonus' question, but you have to see the bigger picture. And not completing your RNFT will have a direct conequence on your incremental pay rise, and you bonus (and ultimately your career). In fact, you probably knew that or you would not have posted your query in Rum Ration in the first place... :roll: