5 killed by 'rogue' Afgan policeman.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by sanitarium, Nov 4, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Unbelievable. Who the bloody hell is the enemy in that place?

RIP lads. My thoughts are with the families.

2. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

RIP lads, more to this than meets the eye, I'd say. Does make you wonder. So, the threat to the free world as posed by Afghanistan is again?

3. RIP lads.

The enemy within springs to mind and I believe there have been other similar incidents in the past with the ANP.

4. Just reading the Arrse thread, the US had something similiar happen to their lads.

Bad shit.

RIP

5. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

It makes my blood boil when i hear things like this. All this from people we are trying to help FFS.

6. RIP Lads

This goes on - 2 Bootnecks were shot at the end of Herrick 5 by an ANP officer at point blank range. Fortunately they both survived.

7. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

8O fcuksake, at least the paddies had the decency to do it by proxy. After reading comments here and on Arrse I'm shocked, didn't realise it was so "common".

8. RIP fella's and condolences to those left behind.

What a shit war! And the Mod has committed to it for the next five years!!!!

9. It's happened since as well, though I'm not sure how much of it is in the public domain.

Generally the ANP were trusted about as far as you could through the pickup trucks they travelled in. However, they are recruited from the same villages that also provide Taliban fighters, so have close family and tribal associations (and it isn't definite this was Taliban inspired, though you can bet that's where he's run off to) so maybe we expecting too much of them?

My condolences to family, friends and colleagues of the fallen.

10. RIP Lads , Thoughts with your families and oppos ,

11. Dreadful news in the fullest sense of the word. Sincere condolences to all families, friends and comrades.

12. Awful news, my sincerest condolences to their families, friends and loved ones. RIP fellas!

13. RIP to the lads, and condolences to the families and oppos left behind!

14. Having all sorrow for the poor lads, there are deeper worrying implications from this;

the trust between trained and trainer is now dented and everyone will be twitchy. That is a significant psywar victory for the terrs.

the recruits who may have resisted bribes to do similar now know that it is achievable without dying or getting caught

how many “sleepers†have gone through the training and just waiting their chance for maximum impact?

15. This is appalling news but sadly it does not come as a surprise. At this stage without knowing the allegiances of the murderer all I can say is that the Afghan police force is corrupt to the core and awash with drug taking.

Just heard on the news that Broon says the Taliban have claimed responsibility, well of course they would be it true or not, as it will serve to undermine whatever degree of trust exists between our forces and the ANP. Now all our lads when in close proximity to any ANP will have their finger on the trigger.

16. My sincere condolences to the families of these 5 brave lads, words alone cannot ease their sorrow.

Why are the spineless politicians and their lackeys in the press refusing to call these deaths MURDER. That is what the name of this slaying is, the way Brown etc are behaving they will probably end up calling it a "friendly fire" incident

DISGUSTED

17. Broon's latest is that he is going to increase security, now how the feck does he plan to do that, disarm the ANP. :evil:

I am often reduced to tears when I hear that our Armed Forces have sustained yet more fatalities. Afghanistan is and always has been a lawless tribal country and our presence there will change nothing.

18. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

Sadly I'm only surprised it has taken so long for this to happen. Even more sadly, I expect more of the same.