Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by thingy, May 14, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What?????

Urgh you can all be constructive and help me with my revision for my shitty exam tomorrow if you like. Middle East now here's a contested subject..
    I've picked the easier questions so I have to look at the general impact upon the Middle East as a result of 9/11... secondly Europe's role and then America's role...

Anyone want to throw up anything that would give me something to think about? I'm bored shitless sat here doing this crap.

2. Do you know the questions in advance?

What does the question say (verbatim)?
  3. No all i know is the 3 questions i've picked to do are on Europe, 9/11 and the U.S. The lecturer has hinted that these questions look at the more general impact upon the Middle East. That's all i have to go on!
  4. A Level or degree level?

5. Degree... Yes- i have 3 weeks left and I'm done with uni, 3 years is more than enough!
  6. You could identify key areas of impact - economic impact - political impact - and discuss the ramifications of the attacks in terms of individual countries in the region - give some real examples to back up your case. Look at tensions between the respective governments in the region - some have links to the west, some don't .......

Changes in the societies in the affected countries - how the departure of the Taliban has affected the position of certain groups ......

is this roughly the kind of thing?
  7. Celsius, Fahrenheit or Kelvin?
  8. The Middle East is in the East situated somewhere centrally. East is opposite West and sandwiched between North and South. In order to know where the East: Middle is situated you must first establish if the Mid East is Magnetic or True, whether the bit that interests you has a periodic magnetic variation (if magnetic) or deviates for whatever reason. Are you familiar with boxing the compass (any compass will do)?
  9. What kind of view point - political, strategic, economic, cultural?
  10. Am I missing something.

What's the title of this thread called and WTF is it all about.

11. I think its travel, education, and boxing, but WTF do I know? 8O 8O :?:
  12. Good luck with it - I had my final exam for my degree today. Now the wait for results and to refocus on AIB!

13. Yes I had the third degree today and whilst a lot of you will soon be having interviews for AOSB, I am soon to be interviewed about my ASBO 8O :oops: :cry: :D
  14. Drakey

The thread is called "." which is morse for the letter E

Any other questions? :newb:
  15. Ah,just another one of your dits then? :lol:
  16. Sorry - being a complete idiot I somehow managed to post in the wrong thread!
  17. You can tell you are a pusser, and not a technocrat. Celcius and Kelvin are not measured in degrees (though Centigrade is).
  18. Well what is all this crap off Google then? 8O

In the Fahrenheit scale, the freezing point of water is 32 degrees Fahrenheit (°F) and the boiling point 212 °F (at standard atmospheric pressure), placing the boiling and freezing points of water exactly 180 degrees apart. A degree on the Fahrenheit scale is 1â„180 of the interval between the freezing point and the boiling point. On the Celsius scale, the freezing and boiling points of water are 100 degrees apart, hence the unit of this scale. A temperature interval of 1 degree Fahrenheit is equal to an interval of 5â„9 degrees Celsius. The Fahrenheit and Celsius scales converge at −40 degrees (i.e. −40 °F and −40 °C represent the same temperature).

If their lying I'll fcuking stamp my foot real hard like. :D
  19. 100 degrees Centigrade is the temparature at which pure water boils at standard temperature and pressure (STP). 0C is the temperature at which pure water freezes at STP.

0 Kelvin is the temperature at which Helium freezes, if my memory serves me correctly. 273K is the temperature at which pure water freezes.

5500K is the temperature of daylight.

1,000,000K is the temperature at which electors vapourize with anger at MPs pay claims.