Discussion in 'The Corps' started by ryanisgoingcommando, Nov 19, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Re: Recommended physical standards for RM

pm (i think)

2. Re: Recommended physical standards for RM

Fook me don't give him a map, he couldn't find his arsche with both hands.

3. Re: Recommended physical standards for RM

Have you done your POC yet?
    http://www.royalmarines.mod.uk/training-tool.html
    Just thrash the runs, press ups, pull ups (overarm, not those girly ones) all the info will be above or at the AFCO
    If you can run 6 miles no problems, 100 push ups sit ups etc 3 or 4 times a week you should be ok for the POC/PRMC...

4. Re: Recommended physical standards for RM

Also try holding a small log/large branch above your head for 5 minutes. Then hold it out in front of you for another 5 minutes.

5. Re: Recommended physical standards for RM

If you can do all that in one sesh then bang 20 pull ups out you are laughing.
    Do that 3-4 times a week physically you'll have no probs bar injuries.
    No one can teach you the mental stuff though. That's all you.

6. Re: Recommended physical standards for RM

Shave 30 seconds off that 1.5 miler and your targets look fine.

You will know when you are fit as feck just turn up that way.

7. Re: Recommended physical standards for RM

Remember PJFT is 3 miles now, First 1.5 mile 12:30 mins, 1 min rest then last 1.5 mile best effort.

You should be aiming for under 10 mins for last 1.5 mile.

8. Re: Recommended physical standards for RM

Is it just me or do these targets sound a bit ambitious? I can't think of any bootnecks who could do all of the above, better to be good at running than be able to smash out 100 press ups or 20 pull ups if you ask me. The running and swimming part of these targets look ideal though.

9. Re: Recommended physical standards for RM

I think the main point is that the training team are looking for best effort throughout the PRMC or whatever the fcuk its called this week.

10. Re: Recommended physical standards for RM

I agree the target press ups and pullups seem rather high.

Remember to make sure your doing the marine style press ups, sit ups and pull ups.

11. Re: Recommended physical standards for RM

Good point mate.

The training team are looking for constant improvement throughout the course, so each time you do the PRMC tests (XRD - do you remember when they were called the USMC tests?! :dwarf: ) your score should be better than the last time.

If you go in on day 1 and max out on each exercise, it might be great at the time but it doesnt look good if you dont leave room for or dont show a consistant improvement the next time around. Im not saying not to do your best, Im merely saying stop setting such high standards - just give 100% effort everytime and remember on the day you WILL NOT do these tests fresh!!

One other thing - make sure you perform the exercise correctly. 50 perfect push ups beats 100 crap ones hands down. Quality not quantity!!

12. Re: Recommended physical standards for RM

It was Circa 1991 when i did my USMC tests although i thought they were still called that mate??

13. Re: Recommended physical standards for RM

I think they have went from the USMC, to BPFA, to RMFA to PRMC.

WTF!!!!!!