45 commando

canuck123

Badgeman
Is the majority of 45 commando Scottish? Reason im asking is because its based in Scotland, and was wondering if all Scots and Irish go the and the English go to the 40, 42 which are based in England.
 
There are a lot of Scots in 45 but units are made up of guys from all over. 45 does have it's own tartan though. ... A piece of trivia I thought you might interested in.
 

wet_blobby

War Hero
Moderator
you get drafted where ever the sicko wants you to go, chances are if your from cornwall you'll end up in 45, and if your from Dundee you'll end up in 42, it's called a joke. :mrgreen:
 

Bergen

ADC
HarryBosch said:
There are a lot of Scots in 45 but units are made up of guys from all over. 45 does have it's own tartan though. ... A piece of trivia I thought you might interested in.
And 42 used to have it's own pipe band and I was the only Englishman in a recce troop that consisted of wall to wall jockistanis in deepest, darkest Deb'n. Their favourite trick was to take me up-homers to Glasgow, make me order the drinks in the local boozer which was sure to set the locals off as soon as they heard the accent and then pile in when the inevitable fight started.

It was the basis of a hearts and minds training course I think.

RM
 

wet_blobby

War Hero
Moderator
Bergen said:
HarryBosch said:
There are a lot of Scots in 45 but units are made up of guys from all over. 45 does have it's own tartan though. ... A piece of trivia I thought you might interested in.
And 42 used to have it's own pipe band and I was the only Englishman in a recce troop that consisted of wall to wall jockistanis in deepest, darkest Deb'n. Their favourite trick was to take me up-homers to Glasgow, make me order the drinks in the local boozer which was sure to set the locals off as soon as they heard the accent and then pile in when the inevitable fight started.

It was the basis of a hearts and minds training course I think.

RM
pmsl :lol:
 
wet_blobby said:
Bergen said:
HarryBosch said:
There are a lot of Scots in 45 but units are made up of guys from all over. 45 does have it's own tartan though. ... A piece of trivia I thought you might interested in.
And 42 used to have it's own pipe band and I was the only Englishman in a recce troop that consisted of wall to wall jockistanis in deepest, darkest Deb'n. Their favourite trick was to take me up-homers to Glasgow, make me order the drinks in the local boozer which was sure to set the locals off as soon as they heard the accent and then pile in when the inevitable fight started.

It was the basis of a hearts and minds training course I think.

RM
pmsl :lol:
Cnuts :grin:
 

NZ_Bootneck

War Hero
I come from London, but I wanted right out of it so opted for 45 from CTC.
I do believe that Iain G... (Brigadier RM and The Scotsmans newspaper military correspondant), christened 45 as the 'Scottish Foreign Legion' or it may have been Corps as a whole.
Full of Jocks, Yorkies,Lancastrians, Cumbrians, Mancs, Scousers Geordies and other assorted nutters from north of the Watford gap, but you do get good runs ashore with them, lively anyway.
Aye
NZB
 

Bergen

ADC
NZ_Bootneck said:
I come from London, but I wanted right out of it so opted for 45 from CTC.
I do believe that Iain G... (Brigadier RM and The Scotsmans newspaper military correspondant), christened 45 as the 'Scottish Foreign Legion' or it may have been Corps as a whole.
Full of Jocks, Yorkies,Lancastrians, Cumbrians, Mancs, Scousers Geordies and other assorted nutters from north of the Watford gap, but you do get good runs ashore with them, lively anyway.
Aye
NZB
And it's been downhill ever since.................after Dunedin you're only left wih South Georgia :grin:

RM
 

quin

Midshipman
South Georgia .Nah' mate Stewart Island, last place for a cappuccino before scotbase.
There wasnt that many jocks in 45 when I played with them ,3 in HWs but that was long ago when men were men and woman were double breasted
 

NZ_Bootneck

War Hero
Bloody hell last time I was on Stewart Island ('99 Diving...scuba not muff)
all they had was filter stuff things have gone up market. You'll be telling me they've got the electric next, Bindu! :shock:
 

quin

Midshipman
NZB they have bastard generators roaring all night, peace and quiet you' r joking, but a good drop of ale in the one and only pub.Unfortunatly they had a janner chick working in the bar who took great offense at me going into hysterics everytime she opened her mouth, the oggie song didnt go down to well either.
The cappuchino chick only worked the month or so of the holiday season from out of a wee hut.
Woof'' Bindu :lol:
 

Mad-Doc

Badgeman
45 may have been the Scottish Commando, however when I was there in the late 80's, I was the only Scottish MA working in Condor/45.
 

NZ_Bootneck

War Hero
A scablifter working, here we go !! :lol: :lol:
Welcome aboard Doc, fasten your seatbelt it's going to be a bumpy ride
NZB
 

Similar threads


Latest Threads

Top